× Members

being on ib /change of circumstances

• helchis
  • Topic Author
12 years 11 months ago #54616 by helchis
being on ib /change of circumstances was created by helchis
hi im on IB and finding it really hard to get out due to my deppresion and anxiety.my partner lost thier job and the new job means he could not longer take our 4 year old to school so i have had to do it.it makes me very paraniod and i dont speak to any other parents really,im lucky my sister kids go to same school so i know she is about even though her kids go in another entrance.on my ib50 form i stated i could only go out with a family member,i know you have to report any change of circumstances but i dont think im any better even though im getting out the house a bit more in fact i feel worse at times and paraniod im being looked at or watched.should i report it or not as i feel no better
thanks in advance ,i know you cant give accurate advice but im sure others have felt maybe people will think you seem better when in reality you are not

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RachelPotter
12 years 11 months ago #54630 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:being on ib /change of circumstances
Hi helchis, I really feel for you and in a similar/but different position.

I never walk anywhere on my own from my front door but I do go out in my car.

I can go to a selection of places on my own but prefer it if I know no one at all.

If I need to go to the shops, I bribe one of my children to go with me, (or my friend/mum).

I don't personally consider what you are saying as a change in circumstances.

If I have to do something for myself, I may or may not. If however, I have to do something for my children, I do it.

I'm lucky my children just need dropping off now, no more excrutiating 'outside the gates' scenarios which have caused me days of grief in the past.

Best wishes,
Rachel

• helchis
  • Topic Author
12 years 11 months ago #54658 by helchis
Replied by helchis on topic Re:being on ib /change of circumstances
thanks fedup its hard if it wasnt for my kids i think i would just hid behind the front door.what would happen if the dwp saw you out and about and decided you was better.would they issue a renewal

• RachelPotter
12 years 11 months ago #54669 by RachelPotter
Hi, I think the main thing is to say it exactly as it is when you have your assessment and again at appeal if necessary.

ie; I sometimes self harm but if I didn't for a few months, I wouldn't ring the DWP and tell them I hadn't for x number of months.

If I am fortunate enough to suddenly start going for walks on my own for pleasure, I would let them know at my next assessment.

Best wishes,
Rachel :)

• helchis
  • Topic Author
12 years 11 months ago #54730 by helchis
Replied by helchis on topic Re:being on ib /change of circumstances
thanks rachel.just get scared im doing something wrong and dwp may stop my beneift or even investigate me.dont know if its just me being paraniod but it feels real

• RachelPotter
12 years 11 months ago #54739 by RachelPotter
Hi Helchis, I think a lot of us are feeling like that at the moment. I know I am always checking for strange cars etc.

Please try not to worry, just be honest when filling out forms or at a medical.

I have had depression for years and when I am feeling 'better' I go into, 'oh my god, I'd best look for a job; clean house top to bottom; go here there and everywhere' etc. Doesn't last that long yet unfortunately.

Those of us with mental health problems will probably be out at work before we realise we are better! :)

Take care,
Rachel :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.