× Members

Just reading ESA appeals guide..............

• soneedhelp
  • Topic Author
13 years 1 week ago #54675 by soneedhelp
...........and realised that I never received the "Appeals Pack:50-100 pages" that is talked about in the Appeals guide!I DID receive a letter teling me that they had the original DL24 I'd filled out.

I had a phone call from DWP today who told me that someone is ringing me tomorrow to talk about my appeal.

Does the fact that I didn't know and never received this '50-100 page Appeals Pack' mean that DWP have made a mistake or I'm totally misunderstanding?

Thanks for ANY advice :blush:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 week ago #54677 by Derek4
Hi Soneedhelp

What was your last communication with the DWP with regards to your appeal?

When you send your GL/24 form you should receive a letter from them within about a week confirming that your appeal has been received, but it can take as long as two to three months, in some cases, to receive the appeal papers.

Derek

• soneedhelp
  • Topic Author
13 years 1 week ago #54679 by soneedhelp
Replied by soneedhelp on topic Re:Just reading ESA appeals guide..............
Thanks Derek.....you were quick! :)

Got the letter about a month ago. You've cleared that up for me...........the pack doesn't come at the same time........phew!

Apparently they are telephoning me tomorrow to get more info from me. Maybe the pack isn't sent out anymore? No idea.

I'll let you know after the phone call.

Thanks x

More
13 years 1 week ago #54681 by Derek4
Hi Soneedhelp

I can assure you that the appeal bundle of 50-100 papers is still sent out; it's a legal requirement.

You didn't say what information they want to get out of you tomorrow over the phone, but I would advise you to be cautious about discussing your appeal with the DWP over the phone.

Anything that is said over the phone regarding an appeal can be paraphrased or misinterpreted if referred to during the appeal process, so it is always best to insist that any discussion regarding your appeal is put in writing instead, if that's what it's about.

Regards

Derek

• soneedhelp
  • Topic Author
13 years 1 week ago #54682 by soneedhelp
Replied by soneedhelp on topic Re:Just reading ESA appeals guide..............
Right Derek. I'll do that, thanks.
My depression is so bad at the moment that I could so easily say the wrong thing & be a people pleaser!
They didn't tell me what info they wanted, just asked if somebody could ring me to discuss my appeal.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.