× Members

ESA50 form: question/advice

More
12 years 11 months ago #54838 by cmarie510
ESA50 form: question/advice was created by cmarie510
Hello All,
This Saturday I received the ESA50 in the mail. I have carefully read the two documents that apply to ESA in general and the questionnaire.

First, do you feel that in most instances it is better to have someone fill in the document for you?

I have replaced hips, severe degeneration of spine (C&L), bilateral dropped metatarsal heads and claw toe, and now have bilateral polyneuropathy in hands and feet, which causes balance problems, pain and tremors. All cause pain.

I am happy to tackle a couple pages a day to ensure it does represent me and my issues. But the point made in the helpful ESA50 document about having someone fill it in for you and that having more impact (?) makes me think I should arrange for someone to fill for me.

1.would it be best to have someone help me?
2. Any general points about the ESA50 form to guide me would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, :)
cmarie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #54841 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:ESA50 form: question/advice
Hi cmarie

It shouldn't really make any difference but sometimes filling in the form yourself can be used against you for mental health descriptors. If you do get somebody to help you make sure you put as much input about the effects of your disability as possible.

There isn't much I could add to the ESA guides, which are fairly comprehensive.

Good luck

Derek

More
12 years 11 months ago #54854 by cmarie510
Replied by cmarie510 on topic Re:ESA50 form: question/advice
Derek4,
Thank you for your quick and clear reply. I will look at the B&W guides as I go along. I actually haven't finished reading the one that has outlined the ESA50 questions! ha! But, I am confident about filling in the form as I will refer to it over and over as I go along.
100 thank yous,
cmarie

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.