× Members

do charities help with bath/toilet seat etc

More
13 years 1 week ago #54976 by skyblue4u
Replied by skyblue4u on topic Re:do charities help with bath/toilet seat etc
So many helpful replies its for my son but grateful to all of you who responded

Big thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
13 years 1 week ago #54979 by bro58
Hi, skyblue,

Also if you are renting from a housing association, they are given annual budgets for adaptations etc. So approach them this may be quicker.

bro58

• froglegs
13 years 1 week ago #54992 by froglegs
Do you have to be on a particular DLA award to qualify for this help from the council? Thanks.

More
13 years 1 week ago #54997 by Gordon
froglegs wrote:

Do you have to be on a particular DLA award to qualify for this help from the council? Thanks.

As far as I am aware there are no minimal requirements (e.g. DLA, etc.), although obviously there must be some level of disability.

The following site has more information and links.

www.direct.gov.uk/en/DisabledPeople/Heal...ocialCare/DG_4000436

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
13 years 1 week ago #55011 by Jennifer Gray
Replied by Jennifer Gray on topic Re: do charities help with bath/toilet seat etc
Hi Skyblue

I am not on DLA and my local council sent an Occupational therapist to see me after my GP sent a letter asking for me to be assessed. I got both a raised toilet seat and a bath lift/seat courtesy of the local council and nhs joint loan equipment service. It didn't cost a penny and I have it for as long as I need it. This is in Scotland but I think it would be the same elsewhere.
Jenny

• froglegs
13 years 1 week ago #55028 by froglegs
Many thanks, I wasn't aware of these grants, thats excellent news

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.