× Members

Appeal papers

• Teenyweeny
  • Topic Author
13 years 1 week ago #54956 by Teenyweeny
Appeal papers was created by Teenyweeny
Hi everyone

I hope someone can help.
I made an appeal against the decision of my DLA award which went from HRM and LRC to saying I am not entitled to anything. My condition has not changed and I filled the form out the same as the original. When I telephoned I asked them for the decision in writing. They said I had 6 weeks to return the appeal form which was then due to be returned by 8th April. I telephoned on 3 occasions to ask where the papers were and kept being told they were being posted. When it got to 2 days to go before the 4 weeks was up I decided to follow the guidelines of appeal on this site and sent it by recorded delivery. On saturday I received the written statement dated 8th April with the reasons for the refusal. Does this mean that my appeal will still go ahead as these papers are 6 weeks to late?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 week ago #54961 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:Appeal papers
As you appealed within the prescribed time limit, your appeal should proceed in the normal way. You should however receive an acknowledgement of the appeal by letter from the DLA Unit to confirm receipt. As you sent the notice of appeal by recorded delivery, if you have not done so already, it would be worthwhile checking via the Royal Mail website to ascertain when the DLA Unit signed for your correspondence, with your notice of the intention to appeal?

Appeals can take some considerable time to process, so it may be a while before you hear from the Tribunals Service, at which point you will be sent a bundle of papers which will contain all the relevant documents, the DLA appeal submission to the tribunal and a TAS1 enquiry form which should be completed and returned within 14 days.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.