× Members

concerned parent

• wendatk
  • Topic Author
13 years 1 week ago #55384 by wendatk
concerned parent was created by wendatk
I am really worried about all the new changes that are coming into effect. My daughter is 17 and get dla. She has on going mental health problems, aspergers syndrome, self harms.

She struggles socially and does voluntary work at the moment but connexions have put pressure on her to get a proper job!!!!

She is happy doing what she does for the 3 days a week she does voluntary work. Will she be able to put in for ESA, my worry is that what will happen if they say she is able to work - where she works at the moment there are only a couple of other people there, she works at a stables.

I am really worried as she will not be able to cope in a normal working environment

worried parent

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 week ago #55412 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:concerned parent
wendatk

Have a look in the Members section for the new ESA Guides, there is one that specifically deals with the Mental Health tests for ESA, this will give you a better idea of how your daughter might fare is she applies for it.

I have to tell you that I think her volunteering will count against her, but it does not mean she cannot get ESA.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.