× Members

DLA

• pata1
12 years 11 months ago #55539 by pata1
Replied by pata1 on topic Re:DLA
If a renewal or new claim for DLA is refused, the Decision Maker dealing with your case has to provide you with written reasons why your claim failed in an understandable form.

If a claim for DLA fails, we always advise claimants to appeal rather than ask for their claim to be looked at again ( Called a 'reconsideration' by the DWP).

You can download an appeal form here Appeal against a benefit decision (leaflet GL24)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Pincher
12 years 11 months ago #55540 by Pincher
Replied by Pincher on topic Re:DLA
This is a difficult subject and I sympathise with all. Lets face it, talking to your GP is like talking to a virtual stranger and seeing him/her for perhaps 10 mins every few weeks doesn't exactly male him a close friend.

I personally suffer with severe agoraphobia, and Osteoarthritis (I haven't been out since Xmas eve) but I have been to the the docs with the help of my sister but like an idiot I clammed up and couldn't talk to him without breaking down and sobbing uncontrollably.

Similarly I had a visit from the dreaded Atos doctor last Monday. He was an hour and a half early but stayed nearly two hours. He was understanding and patient and was prepared to listen. I live in Portsmouth and he came from London. I must say he was more than sympathetic with my plight and wrote a book on my condition. I wait with trepidation on the Decision Makers on how they interpret his findings.

On speaking to your GP, you can always ask for a double appointment giving you twenty mins. to talk.

Good luck to you all.

Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.