× Members

SDA

• anitacool
  • Topic Author
13 years 3 days ago - 13 years 3 days ago #55473 by anitacool
SDA was created by anitacool
I have been receiving Severe Disablement Allowance since 1994, ( registered partially sighted 1982, assessed as at least 80% disabled, for SDA, without any breaks, drs note every 12 months. Will I need a medical or be exempt, what could replace my SDA. Thanks

Modedit: Moved to Questions Forum. Gordon
Last edit: 13 years 3 days ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 days ago #55478 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:SDA
Anita

SDA will be replaced by ESA over the next three years. SDA claimants are expected to be moved towards the back of the migration, however, there is no guarantee that it will not be earlier.

To be exempted from the medical you will need to demomstrate that you meet one or more of the ESA Support Group criteria. You can read about these in the ESA guides in the Members area.

Hope this explains it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.