• Topic Author
13 years 1 day ago #55520 by Steve King
Tribunal! was created by Steve King
Morning folcs, I have my DLA tribunal this
Thursday in Scarboro which is 20miles away,
but my lift has let me down and I have no other
way of getting there, I am on crutches and can
only manage to get round our flat on them, should
I phone the tribunal today and let them know or should I write them a letter! I know this is probably going to ruin my chances of getting the benefit I desperatly need but what else can I do?
Any ideas greatfully received! Steve King!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 day ago #55521 by Steve Donnison
Replied by Steve Donnison on topic Re:Tribunal!
Hi Steve,

You need to contact the tribunal service office dealing with your appeal by phone today and explain the situation. Follow up with a letter summarising what was discussed and agreed, so you have evidence in writing.

Your options are to ask the tribunal service if they will pay for a taxi - though you would very probably need to pay for it up front and then apply to be reimbursed which may not be an option. But check this with them.

Alternatively, you can ask for the hearing to be postponed and relisted for when you can arrange more reliable transport.

Failing to attend will most definitely reduce a claimant's chances of success.
Good luck,

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Steve King
  • Topic Author
13 years 1 day ago #55522 by Steve King
Replied by Steve King on topic Re:Tribunal!
Thanks Steve,its £30 for a cab and we don't get paid till Frday,so thats out, so I will give them a ring and see if I can get a later date, thanks mate!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.