× Members

what to do now?

More
12 years 11 months ago #55554 by lochlisa
what to do now? was created by lochlisa
my DLA care claim is still under consideration.

the DWP wrote to my GP who replied. they also wrote to Mental Health Team who have just informed me that they are not qualified to report to the DWP and will not be able to reply as asked.

where does this leave me now? what should I do?

any ideas most welcome.

thank you, Lisa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #55561 by Jennifer Gray
Replied by Jennifer Gray on topic Re:what to do now?
How about going to see your gp and see if they have sent recent reports of your mental health to him/her. Maybe something in them may be of help. Other wise I hope one of the mods can be of assistance. Jenny

More
12 years 11 months ago #55569 by Chris_63
Replied by Chris_63 on topic Re:what to do now?
Hi lochlisa

I am very suprised that your Mental Health Team feel they cannot support your DLA claim.

In my experience your care co-ordinator should send regular update letters / reports to your GP, so it may be useful to get copies of these and send them in to the DWP, assuming they are helpgul and provide good evidence to support your claim.

Hope this is helpful

More
12 years 11 months ago #55579 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:what to do now?
It's quite worrying having a care team that's 'not qualified' to report to the DWP. Anyone who's capable of writing should be qualified to give evidence to the DWP!

More
12 years 11 months ago #55580 by lochlisa
Replied by lochlisa on topic Re:what to do now?
hello,

the Mental Health team have been asked by the DWP directly to answer some questions. This was sent to the Mental Health team after my GP had been contacted.

the Mental Health team report to the GP weekly after seeing me so all I can assume is that the DWP didn't ask my GP or he didn't feel he could respond.

As I have recently changed GP's then it would be my old GP they contacted but I have given the DWP my new GP's details as he spent a long time with me on our 1st and 2nd consultations taking enormous amounts of detail about my situation and issues.

Will just need to wait and see what happens now. My carer also submitted a diary of what he does for me and the attention I need over a 10 day period.

Lisa

• RachelPotter
12 years 11 months ago #55582 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:what to do now?
Hi Lisa, like Derek, I think they quite obviously are qualified to make a report. Could you try asking them again? You could point out that friends and relative statements are used!

As Jenny and Chris have said, you could get photocopies of all correspondence between mental health team and GP and submit anything that will help you.

Best wishes,
Rachel :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.