× Members

mobility claim

• middleton
  • Topic Author
12 years 11 months ago #55601 by middleton
mobility claim was created by middleton
hi everybody just became a new member need help with mobility claim.iam recieving incapacity and dla lowest rate but circumstances have now changed.have recently had a stroke which did not leave me paralyised butstruggling with walking.also have had aback operation needed injections could not have surgery because of stroke .,also had heart attack 2004 also requiring stents.could anybody advise best way of tackling form for mobiity. sorry about the waffle middleton

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #55606 by Steve Donnison
Replied by Steve Donnison on topic Re:mobility claim
Hi Middleton,

The best advice I could give is to look through the relevant section in the guide to claiming DLA on physical health grounds in the members area.

Do bear in mind that if you ask for an award to be looked at again it can be reduced rather than increased orleft the same. It seldom happens but it's worth being aware of the risk.

Good luck,

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• middleton
  • Topic Author
12 years 11 months ago #55625 by middleton
Replied by middleton on topic Re:mobility claim
hi steve thank you for reply will trawl through the relevant sections.need all the help i can get middleton

More
12 years 11 months ago #55627 by Lyn
Replied by Lyn on topic Re:mobility claim
Hi Middleton, one thing I can offer...Collect all the evidence you can, i.e. doctors letters, consultants letters, and anything that is reference to your current condition, one thing though,have you been worse for at least 6 months, anyway, once you have filled your long DLA form up with the help of this site, send it all off together, but keep copies for your own file, you may need them at a later date.
Good luck,and stay positive!

• middleton
  • Topic Author
12 years 11 months ago #55714 by middleton
Replied by middleton on topic Re:mobility claim
hi lyn thanks for advise, have allrelevent paper work.my main concern is form filling getting the correct definition they require as you know they will do their best not togive the points required so have made appointment with local benefits adviser for help filling in form .will also get as much information from web site as a new member still trying to get relivent info middleton

More
12 years 11 months ago #55754 by Lyn
Replied by Lyn on topic Re:mobility claim
If you feel totally uneasy with it all, why don't you try a CAB advisor, they are very good, and of course they are definitely on your side, they can help you through the whole process.
I hope it all works out for you!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.