× Members

dla

More
13 years 5 days ago #55701 by edward
dla was created by edward
i had a renewal for my dla 3 years ago and sent them the questionaire and i waited 2 weeks and recieved an award for hrm and hrc for an indefinate period, i have been on this benefit for 10 years and have had my problems claiming it just like many other members on this site,
i didn't recieve a medical which i was surprised about as up until then i was basically put through the wringer.
my question is i have heard you can ask for the medical report used for the decision,as it is 3 years can i still request this or am i risking being retested by asking for this? and who do i contact for the info.

edward.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 days ago - 13 years 5 days ago #55707 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:dla
As you have stated that you did not have a medical for your DLA renewal three years ago, there will be no medical report to obtain. If however you wish to request the evidence which resulted in your indefinite award of HRC and HRM, this may no longer be available as there is a routine document destruction policy which ordinarily means that case papers are destroyed within a period of three years.

It may be the case that your file is still held in storage, but if it is not, in my opinion you could risk stirring up the proverbial hornet's nest, and inadvertently become the subject of a review by the DLA Unit. It has been known, and indeed I am aware of a couple of forum members who had their DLA reviewed, in one case where the enquiry was merely about obtaining a Blue Badge, which ultimately led to the withdrawal of the mobility component!

If you wish to try and obtain the information you require you should write to:-

Disability Living Allowance Unit
Warbreck House
Warbreck Hill
Blackpool
Lancashire
FY2 0YE

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 13 years 5 days ago by Crazydiamond. Reason: Additional info.

More
13 years 5 days ago #55724 by Libra45
Replied by Libra45 on topic Re:dla
If I were you, I'd let sleeping dogs lie!

• originaldave
13 years 5 days ago #55732 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:dla
Libra45 wrote:

If I were you, I'd let sleeping dogs lie!

:) Agree kiss of death calling them end in tears

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.