× Members

what is a "reasonable time frame"?

• kittykit
  • Topic Author
12 years 11 months ago #55762 by kittykit
what is a "reasonable time frame"? was created by kittykit
Re: repeating an activity within a reasonable time frame - I understand if you cannot do this then you should consider saying you can't do the activity, and then expand on it in the "more details" box.

What I want to know is, does anyone have a rough guide as to what is a reasonable time frame??

I can walk 50 yards a day, and the next, usually, is this reasonable? Or do I need to be able to repeat it several times a day?

Likewise, I can reach above my head to put a hat on what I would consider to be a resonable number of times, but I can only wash my hair once a week (I would consider this to be a similar action) - i.e. I cannot do it for a prolonged period of time without discomfort. I am unsure what to write or answer for that question too..

I plan to explain what I can do and for how long etc in the box, but I don't know what boxes to tick, you know?

Any advice or even what you wrote on your forms would help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• originaldave
12 years 11 months ago #55769 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:what is a
kittykit wrote:

Re: repeating an activity within a reasonable time frame - I understand if you cannot do this then you should consider saying you can't do the activity, and then expand on it in the "more details" box.

What I want to know is, does anyone have a rough guide as to what is a reasonable time frame??

I can walk 50 yards a day, and the next, usually, is this reasonable? Or do I need to be able to repeat it several times a day?

Likewise, I can reach above my head to put a hat on what I would consider to be a resonable number of times, but I can only wash my hair once a week (I would consider this to be a similar action) - i.e. I cannot do it for a prolonged period of time without discomfort. I am unsure what to write or answer for that question too..

I plan to explain what I can do and for how long etc in the box, but I don't know what boxes to tick, you know?

Any advice or even what you wrote on your forms would help!

If you dont mind me asking what makes you say you can only manage your hair once a week ? IMO if you put that in the box ... there are so many things done more than once a week they might question you on it might not be the best thing to bring up IMO ect ect :)

More
12 years 11 months ago #55770 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:what is a "reasonable time frame"?
Kittykit

"Repeating an activity within a reasonable time frame" is a new addition to the ESA tests, although the prinicple has been in place for some time, but usually ignored.

Unfortunately, there is no specific definition of what a "reasonable time frame" is, what I can say is that it is less than a day, so you would be expected to perform a test at least twice.

Sorry I can't be more precise, but until there is case law around this issue, you just have to be reasonable :)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #55774 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:what is a "reasonable time frame"?
A reasonable time frame will vary depending on the activity. For example after walking 200 metres you may be expected not to repeat it for a while, whereas turning a page of a book or pressing a button such as a telephone keypad would not be much use if you need half-an-hours rest before pressing the next button!

It will be largely up to first-tier tribunals to decide.

As the guides say, it's best to give detail of how long it may take before the activity can be repeated.
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by Derek4. Reason: added sentence

• kittykit
  • Topic Author
12 years 11 months ago #55868 by kittykit
Replied by kittykit on topic Re:what is a "reasonable time frame"?
Thanks I will try to give as much detail as possible and hopefully they will be able to work it out for themselves!

More
12 years 11 months ago #55913 by billkruse
Replied by billkruse on topic Re:what is a "reasonable time frame"?
I think it's also significant what you're expected to be doing inbetween attempts. Being able to mobilise 200 metres repeatedly within a given time frame may well depend on what you're supposed to be doing inbetween mobilisations. Are you genuinely able to rest, which for some might mean retiring to bed or at least having a lie down somewhere quiet, or are you expected to be on standby, as it were, sitting in an uncomfortable and unforgiving office environment? If anything like that makes a difference then you need to make sure and say so.

BB

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.