× Members

atos medical

More
12 years 11 months ago #55874 by wetpaints
atos medical was created by wetpaints
My son has an incurable desease was sent to atos medical and awarded nine points.He went to tribunal and won,now six months later no change in condition he is being asked to start the whole thing again{ atos medical}I am gutted after all the stress of the first lot just rang my MP Paul Murphy had to insist on appointment as person answering phone said goverment has changed system and why should my son be treated any differant to anyone else I dont think anyone who has a permanant incurable desease
should have to go through this farce again do you think its worth seeing MP any one any suggestions would be grateful thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• originaldave
12 years 11 months ago #55875 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:atos medical
wetpaints wrote:

My son has an incurable desease was sent to atos medical and awarded nine points.He went to tribunal and won,now six months later no change in condition he is being asked to start the whole thing again{ atos medical}I am gutted after all the stress of the first lot just rang my MP Paul Murphy had to insist on appointment as person answering phone said goverment has changed system and why should my son be treated any differant to anyone else I dont think anyone who has a permanant incurable desease
should have to go through this farce again do you think its worth seeing MP any one any suggestions would be grateful thanks

The person answering the phone is correct they want to treat everyone the same, but thats wrong .... the system needs changing, one thing you posted you say "incurable desease " problem with that its not the same as unable to work did they give a reason for short time between medicals ?

More
12 years 11 months ago #55878 by Chris_63
Replied by Chris_63 on topic Re:atos medical
Hi

I have been helping a friend who has been sent another Work Capability Assessment just six months after being put in the ESA support Group.

Whilst I appreciate no one is exempt from review, it would seem to me that the review process is not a consistent process, and should be linked directly to the expected change in condition or prognosis.

We have written a letter to the Cheif Executive of Jobcentre Plus (Darra Singh) and also copied in the local MP and the Minister for the Disabled (Maria Miller, asking upon what framework reviews are based.

It seems riduculous that some people are not being reviewed for upto 2 yrs and others, who have long term severe problems are being reviewed after 6 months.

If and when we get a reply I will let you know the outcome. In the meantime we are having to complete another WCA, with all the stress and anxiety that causes.

I hope you get some help for your MP.

Cheers for now

Chris

More
12 years 11 months ago #55889 by wetpaints
Replied by wetpaints on topic Re:atos medical
Hi told the jobcentre had sent them the file.they said not to worry as they would not use any information from the last medical or tribunal this time great news considering we won the last tribunal.But kept insisting this recall did not mean starting all over again.

More
12 years 11 months ago #55891 by wetpaints
Replied by wetpaints on topic Re:atos medical
Sorry to hog the space but does anyone think its worth going to MP appointment as I had to insist on it because she said there is nothing that can be done for individuals.

• RachelPotter
12 years 11 months ago #55897 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:atos medical
Hi, I think it is worth seeing your MP.
The Welfare Reform Bill is still at the Committee stage, it has not been 'passed' yet, so you could point that out!

Your MP is supposed to help their constituents.

Wishing you and family lots of luck,
Rachel

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.