DLA

• Steve King
  • Topic Author
12 years 11 months ago #56150 by Steve King
DLA was created by Steve King
I had my DLA tribunal on Thursday last,
and sadly, failed to get my 15points!
The Chairwoman was lovely, as was the
lay person on her right, but the doctor on her left was an arrogant pig and would
not accept my consultants letter that
I would never work again in ANY capacity!
He told me I could do a desk job, and that
I should stop feeling sorry for myself!
The duty rep that would have put across my
case had gone home early because it was sunny! This will probably mean that I also
will lose my incapacity benefit, I wish I had never bothered in the first place,
I will be left with nothing now!
Thank you for allowing me on your forum! Steve!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Survivor
12 years 11 months ago #56151 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re: DLA
Consider getting a written copy of the reasons for the decision and seeing whether there was any error of law. The issue of whether you can work is not relevant to whether you can claim DLA - you can get it whether or not you are in work. If there was an error of law, you may have grounds for appeal, but you would have to have face-to-face advice from a welfare rights adviser to see whether you'd got a case and whether it was worth pursuing it.

• Steve King
  • Topic Author
12 years 11 months ago #56157 by Steve King
Replied by Steve King on topic Re: DLA
Thanks Survivor, but I have no interest anymore,
I am too tired to go thru it all again,
my best wishes to all on the forum, I am fed up
of being called a liar by people who don't even know me, my wife tried explaining to this doctor, but he
told her he could only take answers from me!
He even asked why I was on crutches, how long I had had them, who gave them me, and why the council
had converted my bathroom into a shower room, I really don't need this crap, as my dad has just died!

• originaldave
12 years 11 months ago #56161 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:DLA
Steve King wrote:

I had my DLA tribunal on Thursday last,
and sadly, failed to get my 15points!
The Chairwoman was lovely, as was the
lay person on her right, but the doctor on her left was an arrogant pig and would
not accept my consultants letter that
I would never work again in ANY capacity!
He told me I could do a desk job, and that
I should stop feeling sorry for myself!
The duty rep that would have put across my
case had gone home early because it was sunny! This will probably mean that I also
will lose my incapacity benefit, I wish I had never bothered in the first place,
I will be left with nothing now!
Thank you for allowing me on your forum! Steve!

when did points come into dla ? dont you mean esa ?

• RachelPotter
12 years 11 months ago #56162 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re: DLA
Hi Steve, just wanted to say that I'm sorry you are going through such a hard time. I hope life will treat you better soon.

Best wishes,
Rachel

• Tattie
12 years 11 months ago #56170 by Tattie
Replied by Tattie on topic Re:DLA
Hi Steve

Just want to say the say as *fedup* but I also feel compelled to say this ..

I appreciate what your going through at the moment and can understand why you want to give up but perhaps after you have sat a while and had a good think and got out your despair and anger at the way you were treated, you may consider fighting it again.

I cant help feeling this is what *they* want. They want us to give up by making it harder and humiliating for us all. If we give up appealing and fighting our corner they win, dont they?

I think we all need to find strength to fight as a whole and only then perhaps it might change things for the better.

I really hope you can find strength in yourself to pick yourself up and fight again.

All the best, what ever you decide to do.

Tats
:)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.