× Members

atos medical last august

• oldgit
  • Topic Author
12 years 10 months ago #56897 by oldgit
atos medical last august was created by oldgit
hi people i had an atos medical in august
2009,and really couldn't fault the assesor
she even asked if she could keep the letter from my doctor,to show to her bosses as she mutterd"a disgrace someone like you having
to go through a medical" i did hand in a written request for a copy of the assesment.as advised by B+W members but i only recieved a letter advising me i would not be botherd again till october 2011.
firstly is there a way of getting my report.
2nd does this mean i will undergo another atos medical in october?i like most people
find these assesments really stressful and
would imagine some people find them too much to handle,it seems this sorry lot would rather put sick people under enormous stress time and time again with no regard
to the consequence's.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Pincher
12 years 10 months ago #56899 by Pincher
Replied by Pincher on topic Re:atos medical last august
Yes you can get a copy of your assessment under The Data Protection Act 1998. Please see my posting on the Act from a couple of weeks ago.

More
12 years 10 months ago #56900 by Steve Donnison
Replied by Steve Donnison on topic Re:atos medical last august
Hi oldgit,

Was this medical for incapacity benefit or ESA (rather than DLA)?

If so, then you will be reassessed for ESA at some point in the future and this is supposed to happen around the date that your review was due. However, not everyone has to have a medical Some people do get an award based solely on the paperwork.

So, I guess the answer is, we don't know if you will have to have a medical. But the more supporting evidence you can provide with your questionnaire the better the chances of being found incapable of work without a medical.

If your previous medical was done using a computer then the DWP should still have a copy available. Just write asking for a copy and make it clear you are requesting it under the Data Protection Act.

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.