× Members

Contributory esa

More
12 years 10 months ago #57109 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Contributory esa
jasmine wrote:

Sorry Gordon,
Did not understand reply regarding equality impact assessment changes bought in on 1st november 2010. What is this please? Thanks

Without searching, neither do I, as I am not aware that there have been any changes to the rules regarding qualifying NI stamps and ESA(CB) :)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #57137 by elaine pyrke
Replied by elaine pyrke on topic Re:Contributory esa
The time-limit is proposed in the Welfare Reform Bill but has not yet been implemented - so still worth writing to your MP about in my view.

Fedup very helpfully posted in another thread "1-year contributory ESA" on the other forum:

Customers in receipt of incapacity benefits who are reassessed and qualify for contributory ESA before April 2012 will have their benefit time limited, with the 12 months period running from the point of conversion. As with existing claims, the period of time already spent on contributory ESA before April
2012 will be taken into account in calculating the 1 year period

Sorry mods, I'd do a link if I knew how.

• bittersweet
12 years 10 months ago #57142 by bittersweet
Replied by bittersweet on topic Re:Contributory esa
Does anyone know how this one year time limit of ESA affect a single person with no savings or any other monies coming in ?

More
12 years 10 months ago #57148 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Contributory esa
bittersweet wrote:

Does anyone know how this one year time limit of ESA affect a single person with no savings or any other monies coming in ?

The one year limit only applies to Contribution Based ESA, so providing you meet the Means Test, you will be eligible to receive Income Related ESA.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.