× Members

possible change dla

More
12 years 10 months ago #57277 by bal42
possible change dla was created by bal42
How do I report a change of circumstances if my conditionhas improved partialy for dla
what should be written in the letter
full details of the change

or just say i have change of circumstances and request for review form

any clarification or advice please

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #57287 by Callisto
Replied by Callisto on topic Re:possible change dla
Hi
Be vey specific about exactly what has changed and for how long it has changed for. I recently had DLA granted and because it took them so long to grant it(18 months) I had made a very very slight improvement in January so I wrote to them and informed them and they removed my component, which I was okay about anyway. I was very specific and told them that the horrific pain that I had been suffering when walking had slightly abated but as I still have lots and lots of other probs relating to my condition which unfortunately cannot be helped by anything that is done for me, I still am in receipt of IB. My miniscule improvement was prob as a result of a combination of meds, but although it was only a small thing it was enough to make a difference to them. To be honest they were okay when dealing with me and did ask me lots of questions when they phoned me after I had written a very detailed letter. They did give me the opportunity to explain and the DM did say that as a result of the info I had been happy to give on the phone they would prob remove the component but if it got worse to tell them. I did not have to fill out any more forms as the info I gave was very complete and they just actioned it from then on.
If your condition has improved do be prepared for them to cut the benefit even if like me it is only slight.
I remain very unwell but as we are all too aware on the forum, the criteria for DLA is very strict (and sometimes unfairly so).
Good luck
Callisto xxx

More
12 years 10 months ago #57325 by bal42
Replied by bal42 on topic Re:possible change dla
thank you callisto

i am not good at telephone so report will have to be by letter
as suggested i should write in the letter what has changed or changing.and since how long it has changed for or changing.
this improvement is just to one condition. i also suffer from 4 other severe conditions.
is the criteria to report for ib different.did you have to report this change to ib dept.or it is not applicable.

More
12 years 10 months ago #57335 by Callisto
Replied by Callisto on topic Re:possible change dla
Hi
I dont know if any material change in your condition would affect your IB in your own personal case. If like me you have other severe problems and they remain unchanged then I would imagine that you would still be eligable for your IB but I would not advise on that. The criteria for DLA is different to that of IB in that it is how the illness or problem affects your daily living and not the fact that you cannot work due to the illness as with IB. In my case it was that about 2 years ago I deterioated to such as extent that basically I could do virtually nothing (and life was pretty grim) so my OT suggested DLA. I had been in rec of IB for a few years. I had a nightmare getting DLA and only was recently granted it so when I began to notice the slight and I mean slight improvement in just one aspect of my many problems (pain had turned into severe pain on walking AT ALL) but they still decided to remove it. My level of disability has not even improved to what it was before the deterioation 2 years ago,I am still in pain and have the presence of the unbearable fatigue along with other resticting problems, in other words I am not back to the level I had been at when I just qualified for IB, which was bad anyway. You are the best judge of whether you think your condition has improved overall and not just in one area so if you are concerned about whether or not you also feel that your improvement has impacted on your claim for IB, maybe talk to your care providers and see what they think as well as often they can be objective in helping you decide and are best placed to get an overall picture of your health.
If you suffer from 4 other severe conditions, you probably are still quite poorly.
I do advocate putting everything in writing and not phoning in the first instance as the call centres are not that great in dealing with sensitive issues of illness and constantly feed back the WRONG information, If the DM needs to ring you, they will and then you can decide if want to talk to them on the phone or ask for it to be dealt with by post. I talked to them because for me it was just simpler to get it out of the way but a lot of people do not like to do that and I can see why.
Have a chat with your health providers if you can and then list any improvements. Some people on here have had to fill in forms again but if they have enough info, they will act on it without the hassle.
Good luck
Callisto xx

More
12 years 10 months ago #57337 by lild
Replied by lild on topic Re:possible change dla
I know its difficult to know but is this a permanent change or temp. We all have better days and worse days, so its often hard to know at first. I would tell them and let them decide as you have other conditions too it may not make any difference to your dla, but its best to tell them.
My mum inlaw felt guilty getting dla as a lot of older generation does they see it as charity so she felt she wanted to tell them she was better, even though she wasnt. Shes had one quad bypass, and now needs another, and cannnot do much for herself at all shes on aa.

More
12 years 10 months ago #57415 by bal42
Replied by bal42 on topic Re:possible change dla
thanks lild
i am only hoping it is going to be permanent or longterm change. i think i should let them decide.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.