× Members

Back to Work and benefits guides/advice?

• MinxCariad
  • Topic Author
12 years 10 months ago #57312 by MinxCariad
Back to Work and benefits guides/advice? was created by MinxCariad
Hi there, I'm new here (waves). Can anybody help?

I am trying to find out what would happen to my benefits, and claiming Disability Working Tax Credit if I were to try to find work. It says there are these guides here but I can't find them anywhere - have they been taken down?
1 Work and benefits (6 pages). A brief guide to how work affects benefits.

2 If I do any work, can I continue to claim my . . . ( 4 pages). A brief look at what happens to your existing benefits if you start voluntary, permitted, part-time or full-time work.

3 Which benefits can I claim? (9 pages). A very simple overview of who can claim which benefits.

Also does anyone have any recommendations about advice agencies and charities to go to re starting work after a long-term incapacity/DLA claim? Pathways to Work and RLBI aren't doing this any more and it sounds like the only place is the jobcentre, which makes me feel like a little pig going up to the big bad wolf and saying 'eat me'.

I would really like advice that isn't connected to the DWP. The better off in work calculation and about Working Tax Credit with a disability. I'm in Brighton.

Thankyou so much for your help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pete17971
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #57317 by pete17971
Replied by pete17971 on topic Re:Back to Work and benefits guides/advice?
Hi,

The 'Work' guides are located by clicking on the orange secion on the left entitled 'Help for claimants'.

Clicking on that will eventually take you here to these resourses:

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/work

With the advent of ESA some maybe slightly dated now though. It could be worth doing a forum search on the word work and reading through other members postings on how their attempts at work have/have not turned out and potential problems doing rapid reclaims.

Unfortunately Tax Credits are not something we can deal with on here as they are a very complex issue and we would need an awful lot of information (which shouldn't be posted on an open forum) in order to even make a stab at guessing them. Obtaining face to face help from an agency such as CAB, taking with you all paperwork may be a way forward.

Again the CAB may have details of voluntary groups in your area, but do read about others experiences first as trying to reclaim benefits if work doesn't suit you, or even doing permitted work may possibly be detrimental to your benefits.

Pete
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by pete17971.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.