× Members

Incapacity AND Income Support?

• MinxCariad
  • Topic Author
12 years 11 months ago #57313 by MinxCariad
Incapacity AND Income Support? was created by MinxCariad
Hi again,

I am on long-term Incapacity but since my DLA stopped I am really struggling to manage just on this. My forms and the DWP say that I get income support technically but it's £0 - no money. I don't know if this is just an error.

My friend is also on long-term IB AND gets Income Support on top - how does this work? I have also heard that there's a Disability component to Income Support - is this true?

I'm not even sure if Income Support actually exists any more either with all the shake up of benefits.

Thanks for any light you can shed on this :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pete17971
12 years 11 months ago #57318 by pete17971
Replied by pete17971 on topic Re:Incapacity AND Income Support?
MinxCariad wrote:

Hi again,

I am on long-term Incapacity but since my DLA stopped I am really struggling to manage just on this. My forms and the DWP say that I get income support technically but it's £0 - no money. I don't know if this is just an error.

My friend is also on long-term IB AND gets Income Support on top - how does this work? I have also heard that there's a Disability component to Income Support - is this true?

I'm not even sure if Income Support actually exists any more either with all the shake up of benefits.

Thanks for any light you can shed on this :)

Hi,

Briefly, means tested benefits can be boosted by different premiums which increase ones 'appplicable amount' ie the amount of money the government says you need to live on.

However these are individual to each person and we cannot give advice on these sort of benefits without knowing information which should not be posted on an open forum.

Therefore we can only advise you to get some face to face assistance from a welfare rights agency or CAB etc who can go through all your details in depth and work out exactly what you may/may not be entitled to.

Pete

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.