× Members

Been Refused DLA & ESA Stopped

• Metallichick
  • Topic Author
12 years 10 months ago #57339 by Metallichick
Been Refused DLA & ESA Stopped was created by Metallichick
I lost my job at the NHS on 17 March as i had been off work since august 2010 with a migraine from hell, yes you read it right a nigraine continuous since 21st july 2010! As you can imagine the pain, light & noise has drived me insane & now my depression is at its worst.. Only have had ESA for 7 weeks & its stopped already, i got 0points from my medical how that happened i don't know? The doctor seemed very understanding about my problems how wrong i got that... During medical he asked me if i self harmed i opened up and told him i did, the thing is my mum was with me & heard about something i had hid from her. As you can imagine it was very upsetting for both of us, i'm so angry because that question was not on the report i recieved?!

I also recieved a letter the same day for DLA refusing my claim. I've sent off to appeal for both but now i'm wondering if i have the energy to bother with this? I'm finding life very difficult to hold myself together this is just another stress i could do without!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #57343 by lochlisa
Replied by lochlisa on topic Re: Been Refused DLA & ESA Stopped
Sit down and breathe.

This happens all the time to people and has happened to me. You simply must appeal and keep submitting Doctors certificates that you are unfit for work.

You have one month to submit an appeal and please use the information on this forum to help you or ask for help.

I joined up here and have had great help from everyone and knowing that you are not alone will help. Ask for a copy of the medical report and take it one line at a time and destroy what has been written and keep going.

You are entitled to ESA assessment rate whilst going to appeal so keep at it and don't be afraid to ask on here.

best wishes, Lisa

• Metallichick
  • Topic Author
12 years 10 months ago #57346 by Metallichick
Replied by Metallichick on topic Re: Been Refused DLA & ESA Stopped
Thanx for your reply Lisa, i only joined this site a short while ago & have used alot of advice in writing to appeal against their decisions but i really don't think i can cope with a tribunal just to get a bit of money?!

Thanx for the support xx

More
12 years 10 months ago #57347 by Chris_63
Replied by Chris_63 on topic Re: Been Refused DLA & ESA Stopped
Hi there

With regard to your DLA claim it is always worth asking for a reconsideration prior to going to appeal.

My very first DLA claim was refused, yet on reconsideration I got awarded Higher rate Care and Lower Rate Mobility components, which were re-newed last year.

The important thing with DLA is to look at the letter you got and identify the areas that you did not meet the criteria - remember it is the effect your illness has on your ability to manage your day to day living that counts and the restrictions you have to face.

Get a comprehensive report from your GP or another health care proffessional who knows you best. You can commission your own report but often GP's will charge for this. That said it is well worth the investment.

Once you have got further medical evidence review your claim form and provide expamples of the problems you face on a day to day basis.

Please don't give up it is worth sticking at -I always think the DWP make it difficult so people do give up.

Good luck with it all.

Chris

• peterjclive
12 years 10 months ago #57350 by peterjclive
Replied by peterjclive on topic Re:Been Refused DLA & ESA Stopped
hi sorry about your situation Iwas wondering about your nhs job what did you do and how long hsd you worked in the nhs and did they try to find you a alternative job the reason I ask is my wife had to be medicaly retired in oct 2006 after 27years and they tried to take her entitlement of annual leave and not pay her but has I worked for post office on employment law i told them they could not do this and she received 2500pouds in leiu of annual leave i hope the moderators will allow this post and if you need any advice on employment law Iwould be happy to help peter

• Metallichick
  • Topic Author
12 years 10 months ago #57352 by Metallichick
Replied by Metallichick on topic Re: Been Refused DLA & ESA Stopped
Thanx for the reply chris I have actually asked for a reconsideration for DLA i've sent them more in depth answers on the areas where i didn't meet the criteria, unfortunately when i first applied for DLA i wasn't aware of this site & submitted my claim online. The online form doesn't give you much room to explain things. I'm hoping that the reconsideration will be enough?!

ESA i've actually asked for an oral tribunal but to be honest i'm getting myself so worked up about it i don't think i can face it?!

Thanx for the support xx

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.