× Members

Tribunal sounds scary

More
12 years 11 months ago #57665 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Tribunal sounds scary
Metallichick

I'm not sure whether it should be with the packet you have just received or whether it is sent seperately, but there should be a covering letter from the Tribunal Service with your reference number, a form to complete confirming that you want to continue with the appeal, which also asks some logistical questions, and lastly a date, of when your appeal might be heard (usually meaningless).

You need to return the form within 14 days of receipt, but after that, there wil be no communication unless you submit more evidence, whcih you can upto about 2 weeks before the actual Tribunal date.

At sometime in the future they will notify you of the actual date of your Tribunal.

Hope this helps

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Metallichick
  • Topic Author
12 years 11 months ago #57672 by Metallichick
Replied by Metallichick on topic Re:Tribunal sounds scary
Hi Gordon

I don't think i made myself clear? the paperwork i have recieved comes from the DWP informing me they have sent my appeal letter to the tribunals service, the huge pile of papers i have recieved is the ATOS doctors report (which is quite laughable)and their reason of why i have been refused ESA.

what i was enquiring about is how long does it usually take for the tribunal services to actually contact me now i have recieved the DWP full explaination?

Mandi

More
12 years 11 months ago #57673 by Gordon
Metallichick

No problem, Fridays are always a little more frantic as we try to make sure posts are approved before the 6.00pm dealine.

It usually takes a couple of week, but you will receive an even bigger pile of documents this will include a covering letter, and evidence packet with your ESA50, the medical report and the Decision Makers report, plus any evidence that you have submitted.

There will also be the form I mentioned above, which you need to complete and return within 14 days.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Metallichick
  • Topic Author
12 years 11 months ago #57674 by Metallichick
Replied by Metallichick on topic Re:Tribunal sounds scary
Gordon

Meh, i'm confused now, all those things you mentioned i've recieved today apart from the form you speak of?
I have checked the pack & it is most certainly from the DWP and not the tribunals. Is this usual for the DWP to sent this much at this stage?

Mandi

More
12 years 11 months ago #57678 by Gordon
Metallichick

It's nearly a year since I received my appeal documents so I am struglling to remember the order of things, I did say that the form may be seperate, so I guess this must come directly from the Tribunal Service, whereas the initial evidence packet comes from the DWP.

The TS letter took about 10 days to arrive after the DWP packet.

If you have any further evidence, this should be sent to the TS who distribute it to the DWP and back to you.

I hope I've got it right this time :)

Gordon

• PauH
12 years 11 months ago #57686 by PauH
Replied by PauH on topic Re:Tribunal sounds scary
I went to my Tribunal last week I like you was very frightened at the thought of being put in front of a judge and what I thought was a Jury.

THIS IS NOT THE CASE I got it wrong not all people are bad they did ask me question but not in a nasty manner at all I gave them truthful answers to my health problems.

There was not one nasty person there they just wanted to hear it from my own lips I was in and out before I knew it.

I think the worse part was being searched before I went in I really wasn't expecting that but after they searched me and my bags everything was ok not a nasty look or heavy handed person in sight so really listen to what they say here there is nothing to be afraid of.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.