× Members

Compliance home visit

• John
  • Topic Author
12 years 10 months ago #57513 by John
Compliance home visit was created by John
Hi,
I have recieved a letter from DWP saying that a compliance officer will be visiting me, what could this be for? what does a compliance officer look for?
Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #57518 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:Compliance home visit
Hi John

You can find out about Customer Compliance interviews by searching this forum and/or the net.

Generally you receive a letter 'inviting' you to an office interview when a query has arisen on your claim. They are often triggered by anonymous and malicious allegations, or just a simple query. The majority of CCIs result in nothing more than being asked about your income, savings, living arrangements, etc. to verify your entitlement to benefit.

Hope this helps

Derek

More
12 years 10 months ago #57526 by Tracy A
Replied by Tracy A on topic Re:Compliance home visit
A lot of people have visits from compliance officers, it's also a way of checking you are recieving the right benefits.

More
12 years 10 months ago #57528 by Derek4
I have heard of people having their benefit increased following a visit and review from a Compliance Officer, but I would imagine this is very rare.

More
12 years 10 months ago #57592 by bunnytent
Replied by bunnytent on topic Re:Compliance home visit
I have had a few compliance home visits, the first, I guessed would be someone saying that my new partner had moved in with me, which he had not, I just answered the officer's questions truthfully, and he was really nice, as he could see it was a malicious call-out.

The next time I was called into the Job centre office as my ex husband had told them that he was paying child support, he was not and I could prove it with bank statements, again this time the officer was very nice and could see it was malicious.

The third time the officer came to my house, again just tell the truth and you will be fine. (My Ex has finally given up with this form of harrassment, and is still trying other things 5 yrs on)

More
12 years 10 months ago #57604 by Derek4
I believe that if somebody makes an allegation against you, resources should not be wasted investigating the allegation unless there is some substance or evidence behind the allegation.

The law allows people to make anonymous allegations to the benefit fraud hotline, which in my view effectively allows people to make false and malicious allegations with no fear of prosecution. If they were required to leave their name and address and were held accountable if the information given was false, I think the benefit fraud hotline would probably shut down.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.