× Members

Employment Support Allowance

More
12 years 11 months ago #57603 by Danny
Employment Support Allowance was created by Danny
I phoned to enquire about my ESA application. During the call I was told that if my application was succcesful, I would lose my Industrial Injuries Benifit. Is this correct ? If so , why ? :unsure:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #57605 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Employment Support Allowance
Danny wrote:

I phoned to enquire about my ESA application. During the call I was told that if my application was succcesful, I would lose my Industrial Injuries Benifit. Is this correct ? If so , why ? :unsure:

We don't provide advice on IIDB, so you should seek advice from an advisor who does such as the CAB or a Welfare Rights Officer.

However a Google search found this from a technical factsheet on ESA.

IIDB is for employed people who become disabled due to an accident at work or from a prescribed industrial disease. IIDB is not appropriate for the self-employed.

The amount of benefit received is determined by the degree of disability.

IIDB is non-taxable, non-contributory and not means-tested.

IIDB does not overlap ESA and so can be paid at the same time.

Hope this helps.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 11 months ago #57606 by Danny
Replied by Danny on topic Re:Employment Support Allowance
Thank you for that !

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.