× Members

Appeal hearing

More
12 years 10 months ago #57636 by jewel
Appeal hearing was created by jewel
Hi everyone

My daughter made a renewal claim for DLA for which she had been in receipt of high rate care and mobility. She received a nil award and appealed she isstill waiting for an oral hearing 12 month after applying for her DLA. How long does it usually take to be given a date. She has already lost 12 months woring tax credt because of this and can anyone say ifshe does win her appeal if she is entitled to claim backdated tax crdit if she wins the appeal?

Thanks for your advice and good luck with your claims.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pete17971
12 years 10 months ago #57637 by pete17971
Replied by pete17971 on topic Re:Appeal hearing
jewel wrote:

Hi everyone

My daughter made a renewal claim for DLA for which she had been in receipt of high rate care and mobility. She received a nil award and appealed she isstill waiting for an oral hearing 12 month after applying for her DLA. How long does it usually take to be given a date. She has already lost 12 months woring tax credt because of this and can anyone say ifshe does win her appeal if she is entitled to claim backdated tax crdit if she wins the appeal?

Hi,

If she has already waited 12 months, it would be worth contacting your nearest Tribunals Service Office to enquire how long the waiting list is.

The tribunal may be quicker if she is willing to accept a tribunal at relatively short notice.

With regards to back payment of benefits, normally if the tribunal is successful benefits are back paid to the day after the previous award expired (provided there is no 'break in the claim and the forms were returned on time etc). Although we do not deal with Tax Credits on the forum, I should imagine it will be the same as with other benefits. However it maybe worth confirming with HMRC or another member here maybe able to advise you.

Pete

• originaldave
12 years 10 months ago #57639 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:Appeal hearing
jewel wrote:

Hi everyone

she will have lost the amount thats about £1,000 of working tax credit thats tied into the DLA higher rate care she should in many cases NOT lose the other amount

see here

www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/tctmanual/tctm02530.htm

and here

www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/tctmanual/TCTM02500.htm

for example someone who needs to talk with a CPN would get it

More
12 years 10 months ago #57640 by Tracy A
Replied by Tracy A on topic Re:Appeal hearing
My partner has been waiting 19 months for his appeal, they have cancelled twice.
his appeal is now booked for 28th June, we got fed up with waiting and contacted our MP who also got nowhere until I phoned our local paper a reporter phoned our MP for a comment, Mp refused to give one, but she did call us and told us she had written to Chris Grayling, A few days later we had an appeal date.

Might be worth considering going down that route too.

Good Luck.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.