× Members

Keep Drs in the know IB DLA ESA

• originaldave
  • Topic Author
12 years 11 months ago #57646 by originaldave
Keep Drs in the know IB DLA ESA was created by originaldave
There have been a few posts where people have had reports done by there GP with facts missing. This is both for DLA and ESA.

The form from the DWP can be filled in by a DR who knows you well, one you dont see a Locum or even a nurse who then shows it to a dr.
There is a good chance and it happens that importnat information is missed, just because you have a serious problem with your health, its possible that many people with the same problem wont have as bad affects, and there is a good chance thats going to be in the drs mind when filling in forms.

So every year and when ever you get a new problem or side effect from your drugs .. tell your dr In writing, hand him what I call "A statement of fact"
In detail tell him your problems using words that you see being used by the DWP on IB ESA and DLA forms and there web site stick to facts decribe pain and problems and dont use more than one side of an A4 sheet when you need to see your dr HAND it to HIM and it will go on your records keep a copy and it will do no harm should you need to prersent your case to a tribunal, or your dr needs to write a report for them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #57659 by simon
Replied by simon on topic Re:Keep Drs in the know IB DLA ESA
I agree with you on that l handed to my doctor a letter stating the problems l get with each condition l have and how this affects me. The dr added to my records, l think people need to no that the dr has no idear how we cope each day so something like that helps

• Metallichick
12 years 11 months ago #57664 by Metallichick
Replied by Metallichick on topic Re:Keep Drs in the know IB DLA ESA
I think that is a great idea, unfortunately i'm one of those people. I've never really opened up to my GP and told him in depth how much my depression is having a huge impact on my day to day living, not because i can't talk to him. Its just i'm quite a private person and have always tried to sort things out for myself, i don't like admitting that i can't cope so i put on a brave face but inside i'm falling apart.

I'm seeing my GP on tuesday and i'm going to put pen to paper so he can see how things really are. Thank you for that wonderful piece of advise...

Mandi x

More
12 years 11 months ago #57669 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Keep Drs in the know IB DLA ESA
It might be worth phrasing the contents of the letter in terminology similar to that on the relevant benefit application form.

For example, I can't walk more than metres without significant discomfort, walking leaves me tired and I am unable to walk this distance again until the next date, etc.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 11 months ago #57676 by leapoffaith
Replied by leapoffaith on topic Re:Keep Drs in the know IB DLA ESA
Hi everyone..
I had a wonderful doctor for 10 years who retired last year after a lifetime of genuinely caring for & supporting her community..
I have a new Doctor since last May who I just can't talk to.. I've never seen him for longer than 7 mins & he is somehow packing me off as soon as I sit down.. I get very anxious before I visit & just come out with 1/2 the basic things I need & very upset that I feel stopped from saying the essential things..
Can anyone advise ways for people to build up evidence form difficult Gp's?..
It's all in my notes but even a great GP would have hard time going through them..
Also any opinions on how useful evidence from neuro-consultants & community health nurses is if GP's isn't great?
Thanks & best wishes to all..

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.