× Members

another work focused interview

More
12 years 10 months ago #57834 by lostinwales
another work focused interview was created by lostinwales
I have just received a letter asking me to attend a work focused interview THIS thursday. I atteneded my last W.F.I only 3 months ago.
I am still receiving I.B.
I have a couple of queries... is it usual to give such short notice and is it usual to have another interview in such a short time?
Obviously I am stressing now about this... thanks in advance for any words of wisdom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #57838 by Chris_63
Replied by Chris_63 on topic Re:another work focused interview
I thought the work focused interviews were part of the Pathways to Work initiative, but when I looked this up on the JobCentre Plus website is says PTW finished on 31st March. I guess they could be tying up loose ends before the new Work Program starts?

The new Work Program is not due to start until June / July. It may be worth giving the Jobcentre Plus office who called you for a WFI a call to ask the situation.

Chris

More
12 years 10 months ago #57840 by Steve Donnison
Replied by Steve Donnison on topic Re:another work focused interview
Hi,

No words of wisdom, I'm afraid.

I don't know if there is a statutory minimum period of notice you have to be given for a WFI, but I can't find anything that says there is.

In which case it would all come down to whether, if you failed to attend, being given such unreasonably short notice would count as good cause. It's certainly not something you would want to count on.

It also isn't usual to have another WFI after such a short period. It would be worth contacting the office involved and asking them why they are calling you in again.

Ultimately, however, you will have to attend or face the risk of having your benefits sanctioned.

Good luck,

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 10 months ago #57849 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:another work focused interview
Hi Lostinwales

Letters asking you to attend a PWI usually tell you to phone if it's not convenient to arrange another appointment. From my own experience rearranging a PWI isn't much of a problem. Rearranging a medical on the other hand appears to be a bit more serious. They ask for a reason and inform you that it cannot be rearranged again.

In other words you are only allowed to be sick once!

Regards

Derek

More
12 years 10 months ago #58077 by lostinwales
Replied by lostinwales on topic Re:another work focused interview
thanks for the replies. I attended today... a rather strange interview where they explained what was happening with I.B being transferred to ESA and that I would have a medical 'although not in the near future' and that, if I wanted, I could volunteer for some help getting back to work via the job centre (she said writing my C.V and maybe doing some voluntary work) but that as she knew I wasn't well enough to do anything right now maybe I could think about these options and that was it.

More
12 years 10 months ago #58085 by Chris_63
Replied by Chris_63 on topic Re:another work focused interview
Seems like a very positive outcome, and I guess they should be applauded for discussin the IB migration on a face to face level - which would seem a much better way of helping people rather than the phone call which many find very stressful and unhelpful.

Hope all goes well for you when your migration comes up - also presumably they made notes that referred to the fact they consider you are not well enough at the moment to "volunteer" for work related activities!

Interesting me thinks

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.