× Members

DLA - Who's claim is it?

• Rangie
  • Topic Author
12 years 11 months ago #57917 by Rangie
DLA - Who's claim is it? was created by Rangie
Hi all.

I have been on DLA for a number of years, for among other reasons the residual effects of brain injury. Because of this my wife has always sorted my claim out, all the paperwork etc. The DLA letters are addressed to her for me. However we are now separating. Will I have to go through a whole new claim or can I just transfer the payment to my name and a new bank account.

No doubt many more questions to come when I remember.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Survivor
12 years 11 months ago #57920 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re: DLA - Who's claim is it?
It's your claim, you just need to arrange with the DWP for the payments to be made directly to you (or to someone else you choose) instead of to your wife. Changing the way your payments are made won't necessitate making a new claim.

• originaldave
12 years 11 months ago #57922 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:DLA - Who's claim is it?
Rangie wrote:

Hi all.

I have been on DLA for a number of years, for among other reasons the residual effects of brain injury. Because of this my wife has always sorted my claim out, all the paperwork etc. The DLA letters are addressed to her for me. However we are now separating. Will I have to go through a whole new claim or can I just transfer the payment to my name and a new bank account.

No doubt many more questions to come when I remember.

Being an appointee can last until a person is well enough to deal with their own affairs or for the length of their life. You or the person you act for can end the arrangement at any time. The office that deals with the payments can also end the arrangement. If you want to end the arrangement you must write to the office that deals with the payments

off another web site link bust

:silly:

• Rangie
  • Topic Author
12 years 11 months ago #57928 by Rangie
Replied by Rangie on topic Re:DLA - Who's claim is it?
many thanks guys thats a great weight off my already heavily burdened shoulders

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.