× Members

What can I expect to happen next?

More
12 years 10 months ago #57965 by Porridge
What can I expect to happen next? was created by Porridge
I receive IB, and have had the dreaded letter saying that I will receive a phone call within two weeks as part of the process of changing over to ESA. I am currently exempt from reviews as I received HRC. What will these people say in this phone call? Will they want to discuss the intimate (and extremely embarassing) details of my illness? What things on the B&W site should I read in anticipation of this phone call. Thanks.

“There isn’t anyone who doesn’t appreciate kindness and compassion.” – Dalai Lama

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pete17971
12 years 10 months ago #57966 by pete17971
Replied by pete17971 on topic Re:What can I expect to happen next?
Kate32 wrote:

I receive IB, and have had the dreaded letter saying that I will receive a phone call within two weeks as part of the process of changing over to ESA. I am currently exempt from reviews as I received HRC. What will these people say in this phone call? Will they want to discuss the intimate (and extremely embarassing) details of my illness? What things on the B&W site should I read in anticipation of this phone call. Thanks.

Hi,

The phone call just explains the procedure. They do not go into intimate medical details. You will then receive an ESA50 foirm to complete in the post.

There are guides including an introduction to ESA in the members area here:

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa

Pete

More
12 years 10 months ago #57972 by Porridge
Replied by Porridge on topic Re:What can I expect to happen next?
OK, thanks for that.

“There isn’t anyone who doesn’t appreciate kindness and compassion.” – Dalai Lama

More
12 years 10 months ago #58001 by sheleo
Replied by sheleo on topic Re:What can I expect to happen next?
Don't worry, Kate. I had my phone call last week. They don't ask about your illness you just confirm your name and address and they tell you to fill in the form and return it by the date given. I'm sure the person who rang me was reading from a script. Use the great guides on this site - they'll help you fill in the form.

More
12 years 10 months ago #58002 by Porridge
Replied by Porridge on topic Re:What can I expect to happen next?
Thank you Sheleo, but it's unclear to me from reading the documents whether I will absolutely have to undergo a medical examination or not. And will I have to provide (yet more) medical evidence? Even though I have the worse form and a totally incurable condition for which I receive double-dose expensive postcode lottery drugs which have caused deformities which can never heal or get better? They have all this information on file already.

More
12 years 10 months ago #58014 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:What can I expect to happen next?
Hi Kate

Most transferred claimants will have a medical but not all. If you have a very severe condition a decision could be made on the information they already hold.

Good luck

Derek

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.