× Members

DLA and work??

• tiredlioness
  • Topic Author
12 years 10 months ago #57973 by tiredlioness
DLA and work?? was created by tiredlioness
Hi everyone.
I applied for Dla but by the start of May i got a letter from work & pension refusing my claim. i applied after being on sick leave for 2nd time since 2008 because of my rheumatooid arthritis. i was off sick for 28 weeks; but now i am going back to work on reduced hours because of my condition. i am not sure whether i should apply for appeal or not,as i am not sure whether my claim will be looked at favourably as i am working now even though on reduced hours. do u think i have a chance of getting lower care rate. is there anyone out there who is working as well as getting DLA.
Looking forward to an urgent and detailed response. thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pete17971
12 years 10 months ago #57978 by pete17971
Replied by pete17971 on topic Re:DLA and work??
tiredlioness wrote:

Hi everyone.
I applied for Dla but by the start of May i got a letter from work & pension refusing my claim. i applied after being on sick leave for 2nd time since 2008 because of my rheumatooid arthritis. i was off sick for 28 weeks; but now i am going back to work on reduced hours because of my condition. i am not sure whether i should apply for appeal or not,as i am not sure whether my claim will be looked at favourably as i am working now even though on reduced hours. do u think i have a chance of getting lower care rate. is there anyone out there who is working as well as getting DLA.
Looking forward to an urgent and detailed response. thanks in advance.

Hi,

Many people do work and sucessfully claim DLA. However the work should not be incompatible with the medical condition or care/mobility needs. As an example it would incompatible if someone claiming High Rate Mobility due to a walking problem was working as a Postman or Traffic Warden where walking would be an intrinsic part of the job.

Pete

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.