× Members

More information

• Jaycee
  • Topic Author
12 years 10 months ago #58074 by Jaycee
More information was created by Jaycee
I won my appeal hearing last Wednesday,after a 10 month wait.
I have just recieved a letter from the benefits office asking for more information.They say that they need this to calculate how much back money they owe me.
Surely it will be on record when my benefit stopped,and if I had claimed any other benefit in the time I was waiting for the appeal to be heard.As it happens I made no claim.
Is this normal or some sort of ploy not to make a payment.
Would like to thank any replies I get in advance,I'm finding this so confusing,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pete17971
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #58075 by pete17971
Replied by pete17971 on topic Re:More information
Jaycee wrote:

I won my appeal hearing last Wednesday,after a 10 month wait.
I have just recieved a letter from the benefits office asking for more information.They say that they need this to calculate how much back money they owe me.
Surely it will be on record when my benefit stopped,and if I had claimed any other benefit in the time I was waiting for the appeal to be heard.As it happens I made no claim.
Is this normal or some sort of ploy not to make a payment.
Would like to thank any replies I get in advance,I'm finding this so confusing,

Hi,

That is the usual procedure. Things such as being admitted to hospital, being abroad, being in prison etc since the date of claim/date benefit stopped can all affect the amount of 'back pay' owed, hence the DWP make a check so no overpayment occurs.

Pete
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by pete17971.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.