× Members

mortgage interest

• millymoo
12 years 10 months ago #58354 by millymoo
Replied by millymoo on topic Re:mortgage interest
jazzie wrote:

Hi everyone

Reading the government website on financial help it states that the mortgage interest help is normally the same amount as housing benifit if you were renting, is this right ?
my help was cut and i now pay £200 a month out of what i have left, i know alot are in the same boat , but it wouldnt make sense that i could rent a house and get help for the full amount which would mean i have to move from a house that has been adapted to my disabilities to a normal house for the sake of £200 a month ....any ideas ???
Thankyou....

Hi Jazzie

Has the amount of help received for your mortgage been from last Sept? The reason i ask is the government brought in last Sept that they will only pay the base rate of interest towards mortgage on an interest only mortgage. I fell foul of this as i have a fixed rate for 5 years, therefor i was left having to find in excess of £320 a month. This has left me with no option than to sell my home before it was repossessed as there was no way i could find this extra money.

Mm :) xx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #58362 by lulu
Replied by lulu on topic Re:mortgage interest
Well I get £168 towards my Mortgage monthly payment and I have tp fork out £535.00 every month to live in my home. I need money to sort this house out in order I can sell it but I did find out form my local council that iF I get a council home or a rented property I would get £109.62 a week help.
How this current system can be called "Fair" beats me !- www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Built-Environ.../privaterent/tenants
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by Gordon. Reason: Corrected URL?

More
12 years 10 months ago #58403 by jarnold
Replied by jarnold on topic Re:mortgage interest
:( Thankyou all ,
yes its is a very unfair system, when they dont consider the amount of money required to move, let alone the deposit up front , also very hard to find a place when your on benifits , this system is very unfair, i dread to think what will happen when my dla comes up for renewal, there has already been many suicides with people who have mental health issues who have lost there benifit, aparently if your on esa or incap they will continue to help with your mortgage indefinetly, the two year limit only applies to jobseekers, they also write to your lender every year to see what the balance is, as i have just recieved a letter stating they have over paid my mortgage by....wait for it....17 pence...unbelievable !!!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.