× Members

ESA medical again !!

More
12 years 9 months ago #58417 by shandy
ESA medical again !! was created by shandy
Hi all, I posted back in march and April. In March I lost my appeal for esa, I have Multiple Myeloma, an incurable bone marrow cancer. I re applied for esa as it had been 14 month since my previous assesment, and I received esa again in march.On saturday I had a call from atos at 4.45pm to make an appointment for another medical assesment. I applied on march 4th in writing and telephone for a copy of statement of reasons from the previous tribunal incase I wanted to appeal to the upper tribunal, I have still not received this, surely this in itself is a 'error of law. I sent with the new esa50 form letters from my consultant and gp and said if they need anymore info, to contact my gp who wanted to help, Should they be sending me for another assesment when I haven't had chance to see the statement from my previous lost appeal. I find the whole thing pure 'harassement'.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pete17971
12 years 9 months ago #58418 by pete17971
Replied by pete17971 on topic Re:ESA medical again !!
shandy wrote:

Hi all, I posted back in march and April. In March I lost my appeal for esa, I have Multiple Myeloma, an incurable bone marrow cancer. I re applied for esa as it had been 14 month since my previous assesment, and I received esa again in march.On saturday I had a call from atos at 4.45pm to make an appointment for another medical assesment. I applied on march 4th in writing and telephone for a copy of statement of reasons from the previous tribunal incase I wanted to appeal to the upper tribunal, I have still not received this, surely this in itself is a 'error of law. I sent with the new esa50 form letters from my consultant and gp and said if they need anymore info, to contact my gp who wanted to help, Should they be sending me for another assesment when I haven't had chance to see the statement from my previous lost appeal. I find the whole thing pure 'harassement'.

Hi,

As you have reapplied for ESA, yes they can request another medical.

As you lost the previous claim at a 1st Tier Tribunal, your new claim is treated as a totally seperate claim and you will have to go through the prcoess if you wish to continue to receive ESA.

If you applied for the Tribunal's Ststement of Reasons in March, I would definitely be chasing this up as a matter of urgency. If you get no joy in receiving it, then both put in a formal complaint and contact your MP and ask him/her to become involved.

Pete

More
12 years 9 months ago #58420 by s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk
Replied by s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk on topic Re:ESA medical again !!
I'm staggered I truly am. You have bone marrow cancer and yet they failed you? Appalling treatment imo. :(

More
12 years 9 months ago #58439 by shandy
Replied by shandy on topic Re:ESA medical again !!
I do have my local MP involved, he has written a letter to Ian Duncan Smith (DWP)and has sent me a copy, he is also chasing my statement of reasons, his secretary is chasing the reply from dwp, but until then I will still have to go to yet another medical.

I think the whole system stinks, I have 39 years on full stamp, working full time since the age of 15 and this is what you have to put up with when you are in need of support.

More
12 years 9 months ago #58682 by shandy
Replied by shandy on topic Re:ESA medical again !!
Just a quick update, I rang the tribunals dept about my statement of reasons that I applied for in writing on March 4th the day after my tribunal and still have not received. The lady checked and said 'this is most unusual,we received your request but nothing has been done, the judge is supposed to give statement of reasons and then we have it for typing, but it has not been done. The lady said she would look into it to see what had happened. Surely if I did want to go to upper tribunal( 3months after tribunal)then this could be classed as 'error of law'?

My MP is now onto tribunals and dwp to see what has happened in all this mess.

More
12 years 9 months ago #58687 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:ESA medical again !!
Shandy

I am afraid the late production of a Statement of Reasons is not in itself an error of law, although it would be reason for a late application to the Upper Tribunal to be accepted.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.