× Members

DLA appeal

• Viki
  • Topic Author
12 years 11 months ago #58531 by Viki
DLA appeal was created by Viki
I've got an appeal hearing for my son's DLA coming up as they have removed his mobility allowance from the award. I'm just going over the paperwork and they have stated that the award was stopped because the can 'only consider his ability to walk on level ground'.

I have argued (among other things), that he needs help getting up and down curbs, would trip on uneven or unfamiliar ground, and cant walk up and down stairs alone, among other things.

I am sure that I have read somewhere on here that a disabled person has a right to enjoy life as much as the next person, so if my son requires extra help eg in the playground etc then this should also be taken into account. However, I cant now find it!

Can anyone give me any pointers.
Thanks loads Viki x :unsure:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #58651 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:DLA appeal
The proviso that a disabled person has a right to enjoy life as much as the next person, may be enshrined in the Equality Act 2010. .

The argument put forward that your son needs help getting up and down curbs, would trip on uneven or unfamiliar ground, and cant walk up and down stairs alone, among other things, would be covered by case law in Commissioner/Upper Tribunal decisions. Unfortunately, looking for the appropriate decision will be like looking for a needle in the proverbial haystack, but there are DLA decisions which you could trawl through at the bottom of this page HERE.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.