× Members

ESA Reassessment

More
12 years 10 months ago #58688 by simon
Replied by simon on topic Re: ESA Reassessment
Hi my review was due on the 15th of may 2011 in the past have alway been on time. So who no's

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #59203 by 25megroup
Replied by 25megroup on topic Re: ESA Reassessment
Thanks to moderator for responding to my original query so quickly. (I meant to post this message at the time.) Much appreciated.

• Andy
12 years 10 months ago #59387 by Andy
Replied by Andy on topic Re: ESA Reassessment
Gordon wrote:

Based on Members comments, winning a Tribunal seems to make it more likely that you will have a re-assessment in the short term.

Gordon - I wonder if this is more due to bureaucracy that any direct causal link.

The ATOS report gives a suggested time for re-assessment. Where a person fails to get their 15 points, the re-assessment period is likely to be low, say 3 or 6 months. The person then appeals. While an appeal is in process any re-assessment is put on hold. Since appeals are often taking longer than the 3 or 6 months, once the appeal is over the re-assessment is overdue. The cogwheels click and whir and a letter goes out calling the appeal winner for their next medical - regardless of the fact that they've just won an appeal and so are unlikely to be removed from ESA (since they're ill enough to have won their appeal, and quite likely to appeal again if they fail the medical). What a senseless waste of everyone's time and effort, not to mention stress on the claimant.

I've have seen so many people post "won my appeal, and now have been called for another medical" and this is my theory. (In short: cock-up rather than conspiracy).

More
12 years 10 months ago #59388 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:ESA Reassessment
Tribunal decisions are based on a claimant's condition at the time of the DWP decision, which could be a year before the hearing so the DWP could argue that the decision is immediately out-of-date.

As very few people get through the appeal process without suffering from stress or a deterioration in health, I think it's important to detail this, if applicable, when filling in a new ESA50.

• originaldave
12 years 9 months ago #60502 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re: ESA Reassessment
Andy wrote:

Gordon wrote:

Based on Members comments, winning a Tribunal seems to make it more likely that you will have a re-assessment in the short term.

Gordon - I wonder if this is more due to bureaucracy that any direct causal link.

The ATOS report gives a suggested time for re-assessment. Where a person fails to get their 15 points, the re-assessment period is likely to be low, say 3 or 6 months. The person then appeals. While an appeal is in process any re-assessment is put on hold. Since appeals are often taking longer than the 3 or 6 months, once the appeal is over the re-assessment is overdue. The cogwheels click and whir and a letter goes out calling the appeal winner for their next medical - regardless of the fact that they've just won an appeal and so are unlikely to be removed from ESA (since they're ill enough to have won their appeal, and quite likely to appeal again if they fail the medical). What a senseless waste of everyone's time and effort, not to mention stress on the claimant.

I've have seen so many people post "won my appeal, and now have been called for another medical" and this is my theory. (In short: cock-up rather than conspiracy).

I think your theory could be right also the DWP thought you was fit for work .. so if you have spent 6 to 12 months on appeal they think you ready for work anyway :silly: idiots

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.