× Members

ESA new appeal and last appeals decision

• Andy
12 years 10 months ago #58554 by Andy
Lisa,

I know how maddening the DWP's inconsistencies can be, but at the end of the day the crucial thing is to get a fair decision... And it looks like you are going to have to go to tribunal for it on this occasion.

It's tempting to lay out in gory detail just how badly DWP have handled things, but you need to ask yourself to what extent it strengthens your case to be awarded ESA.

Sounds to me like you have loads of evidence to prove you should receive ESA, so the MAIN focus needs to be on presenting that clearly at tribunal.

Good luck!
Andy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #58559 by lochlisa
Replied by lochlisa on topic Re:ESA new appeal and last appeals decision
SAR posted.

I appreciate there is a short time difference but it is still mad that now with a worse condition and in receipt of DLA mobility for being unable to leave the home with support and guidance from my full time carer, and the fact that I now have a full time carer (didn't have carer last October) that the DM can just refuse ESA based on a dodgy ATOS report.

Going to be a long slog now to appeal.

Naturally I now expect my DLA Care application to be denied (been waiting since Feb for a decision on that !)

Wonder what my MP will think of this turn of events?

Lisa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.