× Members

Help with esa appeal - Tribunal

• neil
  • Topic Author
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #58659 by neil
Help with esa appeal - Tribunal was created by neil
Hi All
Does any one know if your esa medical report is discussed at your tribunal. As mine had lots of discrepancies, and believe it or not, (short phrase removed by moderator) :ohmy: :Will i have a chance to discuss these?
Thanks for your time :- Neil
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by . Reason: Small breach of posting rules.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #58666 by
You should get a chance to put your case for what you think you should get points for. The tribunal should get a full set of papers from the DWP including the medical report, so you can expect them to have seen it. Have you sent in your papers? If you disagree with the medical report, you can send in your own evidence, such as medical reports.

More
12 years 10 months ago #58672 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:Help with esa appeal - Tribunal
And don't forget that a tribunal is a complete rehearing of the case. The tribunal may rely on the medical report, or may choose to investigate each descriptor themselves from your oral evidence.

If the do rely on the medical report you are free to disagree and point out any discrepancies, and you are usually asked at the end if there is anything further you would like to say, which you can make use of if anything important has not been covered. You will find more about hearings in the appeal guide.

Good luck.

• neil
  • Topic Author
12 years 10 months ago #58729 by neil
Replied by neil on topic Re: Help with esa appeal - Tribunal
Thanks for the reply, and yes i sent my own disability report in and letters from two Doctors confirming that i suffer from bilateral impingement of the acromio-claviclar shoulder joints.(3 0pps so far)+ arthrodesis of the joints and a degenerative lumbar spine disease.They even stated that in there medical opinion i would never be able to return to active employment.
All this was explained to the Atos Nurse but she never examined my back or shoulders, but her report said they were?

Thanks for your reply it has been very helpful :- Neil

• neil
  • Topic Author
12 years 10 months ago #58730 by neil
Replied by neil on topic Re:Help with esa appeal - Tribunal
Thankyou for your reply, any information is helpful and i am going to the tribunal,it sounds the best way to get my disabilitys seen and heard.

Cheers:- Neil

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.