× Members

Membership and lack of forums

• special k
  • Topic Author
12 years 10 months ago #58696 by special k
Membership and lack of forums was created by special k
Hi All,

Firstly I must say that this site has been a godsend and I will continue to recommend it to all.

However, I have noticed that one of the forums is closed until further notice with the reason being that the mods wish to spend time with other duties.

Can I ask if this is due to legal action from a large health prvider that acts on behalf of a government body?
There is talk of an internet site being threatened by said company due to its member content being less than positive towards the actions of said company?

This is just a question and no names have been given in the pursuit of fairness and open discussion.

We have paid for the use of the site/content and the forum is very important to me.

Many thanks
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 10 months ago #58702 by Steve Donnison
Replied by Steve Donnison on topic Re:Membership and lack of forums
Hi special k,

No we aren't being sued, nor have we been threatened with legal action recently. We have also never been threatened with legal action by any well known healthcare provider.

The forums have never been part of the membership subscription. They are provided as a courtesy for members for as long as it is possible to do so, given that all the moderators are volunteers.

The reason that the Benefits Discussion forum is currently closed is entirely for the reasons given.

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The topic has been locked.
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.