× Members

lower rate

More
12 years 9 months ago #60132 by racheal
lower rate was created by racheal
hi i am new to this so please bare with me i have just received a letter saying they have looked at there decision and i am now entitled to dla but only low rate for help with personal care i don't no weather appeal as i have a back problem and raynards any help please

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #60146 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:lower rate
Hi Racheal

There is advice on this in the DLA appeal on weighting-up the risks, but ultimately only you can make the decision. It would be a could idea if you can get face-to-face advice from a WRO who can look in detail at you situation and chances of success.

Good luck

Derek

More
12 years 9 months ago #60147 by Steve Donnison
Replied by Steve Donnison on topic Re:lower rate
Hi,

You would need to look at the guide to claiming DLA on physical health grounds in the members area to decide whether your condition is sufficiently severe for a higher award.

I need to add that if you do ask for an award to be looked at again there is always a small possibility that it may be taken away when a new decision is made.

Good luck,

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 9 months ago #60159 by darrenay
Replied by darrenay on topic Re:lower rate
hi racheal,
i suffered the same problem, i phoned the dla and spoke to a very nice lady, when i asked what i should do she told me to be carefull because i could loose everything, when i asked her who actually makes these decisons are they medically trained she told me no but they no enough about people, she also told me that if the person who looks at your forms has had a falling out with their partner or just had a bad few days they would take out their frustrations on us the client by just failing us. the lady told me that she is disgusted by the way we are treated.i ended up getting high rate mobility but lower rate care indefinately,my care component is important because my partner cannot claim carers allowance even though my problems have got a lot worse not better.
so please just be aware that the dla donot always play fair

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.