× Members

letter of support

• originaldave
12 years 9 months ago #60709 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:letter of support
Crow wrote:

The charge that GP surgery's can ask is a discretionary charge. If you can prove that you cannot afford to pay the normal fee suggested(£10-£50 depending on how much information you want copied), they should be willing to consider waving the fee. If they believe that you can afford it they will ask you for it though. MY GP Practice refuses all patients access to their records unless they make a formal request (even just a look). I am trying to find out is this is legal or not.

the fees for letters are advised by the GMC and its more than you speak off its about £45 some reports for the DSS/Benefits Agency come under that too

its £60 for oap dvla letters to say still fit to drive

a copy of medical notes at about £50 is cheap as they can charge £70 to write one letter based on medical notes

there is a link on here somewhere to the GMC prices

:silly:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #60711 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:letter of support
Hi mumsgirl

I'll leave CD to answer your question. I just have to say that financial and benefit advice from a GP should be treated with as much caution as medical advice from a financial or benefit expert!

Good luck

Derek

More
12 years 9 months ago #60712 by billkruse
Replied by billkruse on topic Re:letter of support
I think this is the case law - "The tribunal needs to start from the basis that the claimant has an existing award, and it is for the DWP to justify its suspension decision by showing that there was a relevant change of circumstances". (CIB /946/2009)

In other words, the DWP actually have to prove your condition has improved, difficult for them when the ATOS tests are phony in the first place.

BB

More
12 years 9 months ago #60714 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:letter of support
mumsgirl wrote:

Thanks guys for taking the time trouble to reply. Sorry I was off line for a few days. Crazydiamond, do you mind if I ask what you meant by

" but in the first instance a claimant is entitled to question whether the DWP has fully discharged it's burden of proof in terminating ESA entitlement, and if not the DWP should be invited (neutral word) to act accordingly, which could form part of the reconsideration process "

as i'm a bit thick! Does it mean that that I ask the DWP if they got evidence from my GP? And what does 'invite' mean - does it mean that I can suggest to them that they get it in the case of an appeal? Or have I got it all wrong as usual? thanks

It simply means liaison with all the healthcare professionals assigned to a claimant's care.

As I said in my last somewhat protracted post, you are entitled to ask the DWP if they have contacted all the healthcare professionals involved with your care. As the ESA claim is 'live' which means you currently have an award of ESA, the DWP are obliged to seek the medical evidence as opposed to the claimant. If it was a new claim, the burden of proof would rest with the claimant, which would normally be a medical certificate from a GP. If you ask the DWP to obtain the medical evidence and they refuse your request, this can be used as a ground of appeal if necessary.

In essence, what I am saying is write to the DWP and ask that either they or more likely Atos, contact all the healthcare professionals involved with your care in relation to the work capability assessment, and ask them to respond in writing to your request to let you know of the outcome?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 9 months ago #60716 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:letter of support
Bill Kruse wrote:

I think this is the case law - "The tribunal needs to start from the basis that the claimant has an existing award, and it is for the DWP to justify its suspension decision by showing that there was a relevant change of circumstances". (CIB /946/2009)

In other words, the DWP actually have to prove your condition has improved, difficult for them when the ATOS tests are phony in the first place.

BB

Paragraph 4 and the last sentence of paragraph 9 is appropriate in the Upper Tribunal ESA decision CE 191 2010.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 9 months ago #60719 by mumsgirl
Replied by mumsgirl on topic Re:letter of support
thanks guys

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.