× Members

Am I being given the run around? :(

More
12 years 6 months ago #69704 by Dizzypip
:P Miracles do happen! Out of the blue I recently received a letter saying that the decision on my appeal (which was going to tribunal)had been changed in my favour and that ESA had back dated payments to May and was going to be paid into my account... no talk of medicals or groups, I rang to check this info and the guy on the end of the line confirmed it. Still waiting for the catch though.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #69826 by carruthers
Replied by carruthers on topic Re:Am I being given the run around? MIRACLE ! :)
Dizzypip wrote:

:P Miracles do happen! Out of the blue I recently received a letter saying that the decision on my appeal (which was going to tribunal)had been changed in my favour and that ESA had back dated payments to May and was going to be paid into my account... no talk of medicals or groups, I rang to check this info and the guy on the end of the line confirmed it. Still waiting for the catch though.

Congratulations!

But there may be a catch (as you said!) ...

You should probably find out whether you are in the Support group of the WRAG. If you are in the WRAG then you MAY find that your money will be paid for 12 months only. You'd have to get advice from one of the experts on here about this, and even they may not be completely certain about the rules for the self-employed (which seem to get complicated in most financial matters.) In fact the financial details couldn't go on to this forum anyway.

You mentioned that your doctor had said, "no dealings with people" - I wondered if this was serious enough for you to have been put in touch with a Community Psychiatric Nurse. They can sometimes help with getting things done when it comes to bureaucracy, I think.

More
12 years 6 months ago #69865 by Dizzypip
Things have changed direction for me health wise... My GP now says no work at all and I already have a careworker and Psychiatrist. When I appealed I sent them every single piece of info possible as you guys suggest including a printout of the medication I have to take. For now I'm happy to have a little less stress - THANK YOU for this website! :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.