× Members

scared and confused re WRAG

More
12 years 9 months ago #60600 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:scared and confused re WRAG
Lyn wrote:

(By the way, the interviews are 1hr only each time)

Hi Lyn

From what I can remember, the first interview is particularly long, the rest are a bit shorter. But I don't think I was ever subjected to a one hour interview. Perhaps I've just been lucky.

I find the length of an interview is largely dependant on your advisor's typing and clerical skills. My final interview was just 20 minutes. 15 of those minutes was spent by my advisor trying to print all the claimant documents.

If anything I felt he was undertaking work-related activities!

Derek
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 9 months ago #60602 by Derek4
smc wrote:

Thanks Derek, think an understand adviser is key in all this! As I said it is not some much the one to one interviews with the adviser than concern me, more the actual activities which could be a lot longer than an hour.

Sorry to Mr X hope you don't feel I have hijacked your thread!

Hi smc

I must admit that it does concern me that the DWP have the power to sanction a claimant's benefit for failing to do something that is completely beyond the claimant. Let's face it, if you manage to score 15 points in the WCA it is highly unlikely that you are able to undertake work-related activities!

But although we receive many queries regarding a failed WCA or appeal, I've yet to come across an appeal against a sanction for failing to comply with work-related activity. So perhaps pathways to work advisers, if not understanding, feel they have nothing to gain by stopping a claimant's benefit, unlike the DWP who are under pressure to do just that.

Regards

Derek
  • Crow
12 years 9 months ago #60610 by Crow
Replied by Crow on topic Re:scared and confused re WRAG
Hi Lyn, that doesn't sound so bad BUT for someone with ME a 1 hour interview can mean a relapse. Not sure what will happen if they force your to do something that adversly affects your health - are they then negligent - they will be aware that this might happen and so will be cautious I hope.
  • Crow
12 years 9 months ago #60611 by Crow
Replied by Crow on topic Re:scared and confused re WRAG
What happens if they compel work related activity and your health is adversly affected? Are they liable in law for harm caused?
More
12 years 9 months ago #60614 by Derek4
We can't give information regarding common law. You would need to see a solicitor about that. :)
  • ALLAN
12 years 9 months ago #60628 by ALLAN
Replied by ALLAN on topic Re:scared and confused re WRAG
When I had mine with A4E the first one lasted about 45mins the rest lasted about 15mins at most.The advisor asked me if there was any change in my health at every interview and I said no there wasn`t and then they asked me to sign at bottom of page and then booked me in for my next interview.I had 5 interviews and that was it.Simple!!

thanx.Allan
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.