× Members

carers allowance

More
12 years 9 months ago #60589 by darrenay
carers allowance was created by darrenay
hi everybody
how can i get my carers allowance back to the middle rate? i was on middle rate care componant DLA when i was re-assesed they dropped me to low care, now my carer (partner) cant claim her carers allowance anymore even though she cares for me even more than ever. i was told by DLA that if i tried to get middle rate back i could risk loosing my high rate mobility as well. is there any forms that i can get to get my care claim alone reassesed. it is not fair that this great woman has to clean me and all the other things that she does and cant claim her carers allowance,she does not earn any other money so i think its just not fair. please any help would be most appreciated.
best regards to all
The topic has been locked.
  • pete17971
12 years 9 months ago #60623 by pete17971
Replied by pete17971 on topic Re:carers allowance
darrenay wrote:

hi everybody
how can i get my carers allowance back to the middle rate? i was on middle rate care componant DLA when i was re-assesed they dropped me to low care, now my carer (partner) cant claim her carers allowance anymore even though she cares for me even more than ever. i was told by DLA that if i tried to get middle rate back i could risk loosing my high rate mobility as well. is there any forms that i can get to get my care claim alone reassesed. it is not fair that this great woman has to clean me and all the other things that she does and cant claim her carers allowance,she does not earn any other money so i think its just not fair. please any help would be most appreciated.
best regards to all

We can only offer general information about how the system works.

However, we cannot offer advice to individuals about a specific benefits problem under any circumstances. To give accurate and reliable advice about a specific benefits problem, we'd need to know a great deal about your income, savings, health, household arrangements and more. To give advice without all this information would seriously risk misinforming you.

If you need specific benefits advice, you can download our FREE, 12 page guide to getting help with your benefits.
The topic has been locked.
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.