× Members

DLA MEDICAL REPORT

• jacqueline snooks
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 9 months ago #60636 by jacqueline snooks
DLA MEDICAL REPORT was created by jacqueline snooks
with reference to my previous posts regarding DLA,i have now received the copy of the ATOS report,its almost laughable if it wasnt so serious.
I had to look two or three times at it because it seems to be about a different person,the HCP seems to have ignored what i told him and written something completely different.e.g i said i have not been able to cook a meal for three years,his response is"can cook and prepare her own meals".
one other observation is the fact my name and national insurance nuimber are only on the front sheet not the rest of the report.
I can apparently walk 150 -200 meters despite me informing the HCP i could not walk more than a few steps.My diabetes is under control he said,even though i have poor control and can prove that from letters from my diabetologist.Also he says there is no evidence of heart disease despite my havinbg two heart attacks and angina.
most of the report is totally illegible and i have requested a typed transcript.
Jackie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• originaldave
12 years 9 months ago #60639 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:DLA MEDICAL REPORT
jacqueline
snooks wrote:

with reference to my previous posts regarding DLA,i have now received the copy of the ATOS report,its almost laughable if it wasnt so serious.
I had to look two or three times at it because it seems to be about a different person,the HCP seems to have ignored what i told him and written something completely different.e.g i said i have not been able to cook a meal for three years,his response is"can cook and prepare her own meals".
one other observation is the fact my name and national insurance nuimber are only on the front sheet not the rest of the report.
I can apparently walk 150 -200 meters despite me informing the HCP i could not walk more than a few steps.My diabetes is under control he said,even though i have poor control and can prove that from letters from my diabetologist.Also he says there is no evidence of heart disease despite my havinbg two heart attacks and angina.
most of the report is totally illegible and i have requested a typed transcript.
Jackie.

without going into all of the mistakes as you see them ... where you have said I can not walk more than a few steps

did he say you said can apparently walk 150 -200 meters

or did he say he thinks/feels you can walk 150 meteres plus becasuse if he did then he is able to make his own mind up and you need to get your drs to back up your postion on this and other points you raised.. i would get expert advise and show the report to my GP

• kriss
12 years 9 months ago #60640 by kriss
Replied by kriss on topic Re:DLA MEDICAL REPORT
Sorry to hear that your Atos Medical didn't go well, same happened to me & many people who use the site...doesn't matter what you say they know best, yes even better than trusted medical professionals, like proper doctors and nurses who do know best.
Get your appeal in.
Best Wishes
Kriss.

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
12 years 9 months ago #60643 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic Re:DLA MEDICAL REPORT
jacqueline
snooks wrote:

Jackie.

Hi Jackie,

Any document or report is inadmissible if it is incomplete or illegible.

So the Decision Maker shouldn't have accepted it. A Tribunal certainly would refuse to accept it.

Good luck.

Jim

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• jacqueline snooks
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 9 months ago #60644 by jacqueline snooks
Replied by jacqueline snooks on topic Re:DLA MEDICAL REPORT
Thanks Kriss,i am definitely going for an appeal,i have medical evidence to prove the information i gave on my original form is correct.
Regards
Jackie.

• jacqueline snooks
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 9 months ago #60653 by jacqueline snooks
Replied by jacqueline snooks on topic Re:DLA MEDICAL REPORT
Thanks Jim,
i am hopeful i will receive a typed tramscript of the report sooner rather than later.
Jackie.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.