× Members

No letter from DWP re medical

• fedupn45
  • Topic Author
12 years 9 months ago #60890 by fedupn45
Replied by fedupn45 on topic Re:No letter from DWP re medical
I have received my letter today, over a week ago since I was told over the phone. The wait has had a massive impact on my mental health and is affecting my children as a consequence.

I have now wrote a letter telling them that I am very depressed and don't want to leave the house. I was mentally abused by my Ex for over 10 years, this has taken what little bit of confidence I had managed to maintain throughout that time and a nasty divorce, then ill health. I really can't take anymore. To be made out to be a fraud now is just the final twist of the knife!!

I have a copy of the medical report and asked how am I to add to my initial appeal now that I have received the scoring.

I know at the moment if my appeal was imminent I would be unable to attend, due to anxiety and panic attacks. My Mum came with me to my initial medical, would she be able to go on my behalf?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #60896 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:No letter from DWP re medical
Hi fedupn45

I'm sorry to hear about your medical. Have you read the ESA appeal guide?

You need to send in a GL24 form to launch an appeal. Your appeal hearing is a very long way off at the moment. Your mother will be able to accompany you for support or as a witness as well, but I doubt she will be able to attend alone on your behalf. Although you could have a paper hearing you have a much better chance if you attend in person so the tribunal can see you and ask questions.

Good luck

Derek

• fedupn45
  • Topic Author
12 years 9 months ago #60899 by fedupn45
Replied by fedupn45 on topic Re:No letter from DWP re medical
Thank you for replying. When you say a long way off, any idea of how long are we are talking? Don't think my nerves can take much more :(

More
12 years 9 months ago #60904 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:No letter from DWP re medical
It impossible to say how long it will be for your ESA appeal to be heard, as much depends on the workload of each tribunal office.

With the wholesale IB to ESA migration continuing apace, there will be undoubtedly a massive surge in the amount of appeals where ESA is refused, so the likelihood is that the situation will only get worse as it is already taking up to 12 months in some areas for appeals to be heard.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 9 months ago #60912 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:No letter from DWP re medical
fedupn45 wrote:

Thank you for replying. When you say a long way off, any idea of how long are we are talking? Don't think my nerves can take much more :(

Hi fedupn45

You said you couldn't cope with an imminent appeal so I thought I was comforting you by saying it's a long way off. :)

Derek

• JohnWilly
12 years 9 months ago #60920 by JohnWilly
Replied by JohnWilly on topic Re:No letter from DWP re medical
good luck with your appeal fedupn45 !!!

I am 60 yrs old & my primary disability is Parkinsons Disease. I had my medical in March 2010 & was subsequently placed into the WRAG group. I am currently awaiting the result of my 2nd Medical (WCA)which was done 15th June 2011. Independant of the outcome I intend to see the medical report done by the Doctor. Question If I simply ask for my ESA85 will this ensure that I also see the points score against the various questions/descriptors ? If not have I the right to see my points score & if so how do I ensure that I get to know it ? Should I have cause to appeal then can ATOS choose to withold this points allocation ?

regards, John

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.