× Members

update on complaint to DWP

• welshflier
  • Topic Author
12 years 9 months ago #60721 by welshflier
update on complaint to DWP was created by welshflier
I signed off ESA because I was earning above the disregard, but only working 4-6 hours a week, just before my Tribunal was due to be heard. They managed to send me two letters - one saying I was signing off because I was working 16+ hours, and one to say due to the change of circumstances, the Tribunal had met and disallowed my appeal! (it hadn't met - and thanks to B&W for suggesting I check with the Tribunal if they were still expecting me at the hearing!)

I got my MP involved.

I've had a lovely letter of apology and explanation, and been told they will make me a "consolatory special payment" for the distress.

I have just sent them a response escalating the complaint (because although they were apologetic, they weren't going to do anything about their computer glitches or put in place a system that reduces the risk of human glitches).

So, big thanks for the encouragement and info from the site. I will let you know if/when they find a way to let their computer code someone as closing a case due to going over the disregard.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.