× Members

Will change of circumstances risk award?

• Christopher Arnfield
  • Topic Author
12 years 9 months ago #60767 by Christopher Arnfield
Will change of circumstances risk award? was created by Christopher Arnfield
I currently have Lower rate both components DLA. It was awarded straightaway after my CBT consultant completed the form for me, supported by letters from my GP, Psychiatric consultant and Psychology consultant as well as the CBT consultant.
I have had severe depression since childhood due to PTS due to sexual abuse plus other issues.
I have a range of medication that I take like Citalopram (40mg) and Quetiapine (500mg).
My two daughters have moved nearby as I cannot go out on my own as I am considered a danger to others as well as myself.
I will have the diagnosis from the second part of the consultation I have been undergoing since last year regarding a separate set of issues. The diagnosis will be as follows:-
paranoid personality disorder
social phobia disorder
avoidant personality disaorder
My son still lives at home even though he is now 24 because I have been confused at night thinking that there are people in the house, and he has often found me roaming around the house.
He is reluctant to move into his own flat, but he now has a fiancee and she wants to move in with him.
I was also offered assistance with shopping and going out, but I did not like that idea so I refused that treatment.
I have seen the WRO locally and she has said that in the current climate it is unwise to jeopardise my current claim which is for 5 years, even though I am only on the lower levels for both components.
Nobody seems to be able to offer any positive advice whether I should inform DLA of these additional conditions.
Can you help?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• originaldave
12 years 9 months ago #60770 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:Will change of circumstances risk award?
Christopher Arnfield wrote:

I currently have Lower rate both components DLA. It was awarded straightaway after my CBT consultant completed the form for me, supported by letters from my GP, Psychiatric consultant and Psychology consultant as well as the CBT consultant.
I have had severe depression since childhood due to PTS due to sexual abuse plus other issues.
I have a range of medication that I take like Citalopram (40mg) and Quetiapine (500mg).
My two daughters have moved nearby as I cannot go out on my own as I am considered a danger to others as well as myself.
I will have the diagnosis from the second part of the consultation I have been undergoing since last year regarding a separate set of issues. The diagnosis will be as follows:-
paranoid personality disorder
social phobia disorder
avoidant personality disaorder
My son still lives at home even though he is now 24 because I have been confused at night thinking that there are people in the house, and he has often found me roaming around the house.
He is reluctant to move into his own flat, but he now has a fiancee and she wants to move in with him.
I was also offered assistance with shopping and going out, but I did not like that idea so I refused that treatment.
I have seen the WRO locally and she has said that in the current climate it is unwise to jeopardise my current claim which is for 5 years, even though I am only on the lower levels for both components.
Nobody seems to be able to offer any positive advice whether I should inform DLA of these additional conditions.
Can you help?

you need to get expert advise, but just having more wrong does not mean you have greater needs, you might but thats what happens when you ask for them to look again, they might say needs the same greater or less thats why you need advise which of course the forum cant give

I would keep a diary and see how the change in needs you see affects you over a few weeks

More
12 years 9 months ago #60772 by DRAGON2009
Replied by DRAGON2009 on topic Re:Will change of circumstances risk award?
I have read carefully all the details and on the basis of the information provided I cannot see how a member here could guide you. You do need face to face advice from an experienced advice worker, which it appears you have already done.

It IS the case however that sometimes asking for an award to be looked at again can lead to a loss of benefit not inly an increase. It happens in a minority of cases and it will often have a element of gamble.

Social phobia issues which often involve panicking will rarely lead to more than a low rate mobility award which you seem to already receive.

Type in DWP a to z of medical conditions and look up personaluty disorder to see what type of care needs are regarded as associated with which type of disorder, and whether you fit within it or not

More
12 years 9 months ago #60774 by DRAGON2009
Replied by DRAGON2009 on topic Re:Will change of circumstances risk award?
I do not believe though that yuou are OBLIGED to let them know of ADDITIONAL disabilities. You wont end up in trouble for nopt letting them know you are worse than they thought...put it that way

More
12 years 9 months ago #60788 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:Will change of circumstances risk award?
Yes, that's how I understand it. You are expected to inform them if your condition worsens but you're not likely to be charged with fraud for not trying to claim more benefit!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.