× Members

migration IB to ESA

More
12 years 9 months ago #60917 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:migration IB to ESA
Hi bro58

It's not really possible to comment unless you have a link to the full article.

All I can say is that the date of the face-to-face assessment is not relevant. A decision becomes legal only when it is made and put in writing, which will naturally be after the assessment when a decision maker has had time to consider the medical report. It would be from this date that a claimant is no longer entitled.

Regards

Derek

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 9 months ago #60921 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:migration IB to ESA
Derek4 wrote:

Hi bro58

It's not really possible to comment unless you have a link to the full article.

All I can say is that the date of the face-to-face assessment is not relevant. A decision becomes legal only when it is made and put in writing, which will naturally be after the assessment when a decision maker has had time to consider the medical report. It would be from this date that a claimant is no longer entitled.

Regards

Derek

Derek

I don't have a link, I think I have even read of such cases on B&W posts.

I understand what you are saying about the date the DM makes the decision, and receiving written confirmation.

My point was that people are receiving written notification, some time after the face to face, with the date of the decision being the date of the face to face, so any change in benefit rate also from that date.

Any way I know your shorthanded at the moment, and the question has been answered as much as it can be.

It would be interesting though if any members have received notification of the date of decision, as the date of their face to face, and could let us know.

cheers

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.