× Members

Contribution based ESA and effect on tax credits

• fedupn45
  • Topic Author
12 years 9 months ago #60961 by fedupn45
I am checking on my child tax credits. I am on contribution based esa, but just failed my medical and wondered how this will affect my tax credits, hopefully for the better! My children are 14 and 16. My 16 year old is going into full time study at college in Sept.
Any advice gratefully received.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #60963 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:Contribution based ESA and effect on tax credits
Unfortunately we don't deal with tax credits in the forum.

As moderators our area of expertise is in relation to disability living allowance, attendance allowance, the personal capability assessment used in connection with incapacity benefits, and the work capability assessment used in connection with employment and support allowance. So those are the only subjects on which we can provide reliable information. However, you need to bear in mind that boards like this can never provide advice to individual claimants about their specific circumstances, for that you need to use an advice agency.

All we can offer is general information about how the system works.

However, we cannot offer advice to individuals about a specific benefits problem under any circumstances. To give accurate and reliable advice about a specific benefits problem, we'd need to know a great deal about your income, savings, health, household arrangements and more. To give advice without all this information would seriously risk misinforming you.

If you need specific benefits advice, you can download our FREE, 12 page guide to getting help with your benefits

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• fedupn45
  • Topic Author
12 years 9 months ago #60968 by fedupn45
OK thanks for replying.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.