× Members

URGENT HELP NEEDED PLEASE!

• pata1
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #61058 by pata1
Replied by pata1 on topic Re:URGENT HELP NEEDED PLEASE!
Glad to see you've got some help, since as Jim posted and is in the www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/faq/forum-faq ] we cannot give advice on individual claims.
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by pata1.
The topic has been locked.
  • michaelg
12 years 9 months ago #61061 by michaelg
Replied by michaelg on topic Re:URGENT HELP NEEDED PLEASE!
Hi fedupn45

Well done! And good luck with your appeal and op. Just shows how many wrong decisions are made.

Best wishes
More
12 years 9 months ago #61069 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:URGENT HELP NEEDED PLEASE!
fedupn45 wrote:

Apparently after finally plucking up the courage to phone them, they said it was an error and I should not have received the letter. I find this totally appauling and have been so distressed all day. Someone from the Jobcentre phoned later this aft, and said he couldn't understand it and will ring me back tomorrow.

I already had an appointment with my Doctor this evening, he was totally appauled that I failed my medical and said he will back me all the way. I was completely distressed and he said it was no wonder after receiving a letter like that, and was amazed that they see me fit for work when he has just signed me off for another 6 weeks!!!!

Still an appeal to face, but got my op on Thursday still to deal with. Totally fed up :(

What is happening to the genuine cases of ill people. Their "mistake" saying my money was going to stop as from 22nd June, was just that push that could have sent me over the edge, and I'm sure there are many who feel the same. No wonder mental health is on the increase!!!!!!!!

Hi fedupn45

I'm glad you got one problem solved.

Purely as a matter of interest, does the letter the DWP sent by mistake have a code in the bottom left corner, usually in the format XXX 999 ?

Derek
  • fedupn45
  • Topic Author
12 years 9 months ago #61075 by fedupn45
Replied by fedupn45 on topic Re:URGENT HELP NEEDED PLEASE!
Thank you very much, it great to have you guys to talk to, otherwise I would go mad.

Cheers x
  • fedupn45
  • Topic Author
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #61076 by fedupn45
Thanks Derek, it's great to know the support is there, when you feel there is no where else to go. The letter has a code ****/**** - whatever that means? The man who phoned me back from the jobcentre because I said I wanted answers why I had received this letter said he knew who had sent it, but couldn't understand why, and said he would phone me in the morning - hopefully with an explanation!

It's been a horrible day, but feel little better with the support of this forum and very sympathetic doctor.

Think I will be glad to under anaesthetic and forget all about it for a while at least!!

Cheers x
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by Derek4. Reason: removed code
  • fedupn45
  • Topic Author
12 years 9 months ago #61078 by fedupn45
Thanks do appreciate that. I am new to this forum. I just had to let of steam to someone. I am a single Mum trying to wear a smile for my kids, and when I got the letter I just crumbled and thought I can't do this anymore. Thanks to my fantastic Doc we talked things through - good job I already had an appt. Thank God for the NHS because the DWP have lost the plot!!!
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.